[TRICK] displaying the "unknown action" in the who's online list

Started by Kindred, January 30, 2012, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TattooLeashed

That one doesn't work for me. I only see my own status, the other statusses remain portal only.

Dan    18:15:13    Bekijkt Wie is er online.
Online Lisje 18:15:10    Bekijkt portal
Online Mylvan     18:15:09    Bekijkt portal
Online Mair 18:15:08    Bekijkt portal
Online Siin 18:15:07    Bekijkt portal
Online Luppie    18:15:06    Bekijkt portal
Online Chefke 18:15:05    Bekijkt portal
Online TVT    18:15:04    Bekijkt portal
Gast     18:14:43    Bekijkt topic Paintedflesh werken.
Gast    18:14:31    Bekijkt de forumindexpagina van .

NanoSector

Guess the portal is taking over then. Sorry, I dunno what to do with annoying portals taking over the world :(
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

TattooLeashed

Kindred

the only thing that my trick does is to replace the "doing something unknown" statement with the actual action that the user is doing.
If there is any other action defined (like "portal") it never gets to my little but of code.
I'd say it's a poorly coded action for whatever portal you are using.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TattooLeashed

I'm using Simple Portal. Recently updated to 2.3.5. Never had any problems with it.

mr.Curiosity

Zelite poptpuno besplatno reklamirati svoj server?
Posjetite  www.reklamiraj-server.netne.net
Ocekujemo Vas!

Deezel

Thanks Kindred... worked like a charm on my site!!
running
SMF 2.0.2
and
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Chalky

Quote from: Antechinus on April 05, 2012, 04:17:37 PM
What I would also like is a change in that silly "Nothing, or nothing you can see" message. It would make more sense to say "Ant is messing around in admin" or something like that, if it is the case, rather than getting all spooky about it.

Did anyone find a way of doing this yet?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

* Yoshi2889 mumbles something about "...first post.......same problem.......fixed......."
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Chalky

Yes, I did!  I made the edit some time ago and I love it!  However, my regular members complain that they still see the "nothing or nothing you can see" message while I'm doing Admin stuff, which is why I quoted Antechinus' post in particular.

I would also like my members to see something a little more friendly when I'm admin'ing, however, if this was indeed fixed in the first post along with all the other actions that this edit has revealed for me so wonderfully, then I have clearly missed something, but I suspect you misunderstood me  ;)

Antechinus

Yup, that's different to the OP. The OP only deals with the "unknown action" message, not with the other one.

Kindred

Oops, sorry, sabrinova, I misread your question (that's the problem, reading from a phone).

I'd say you have to check the list for the admin and other actions and remove the permissions check
Слaва
Украинi

Chalky

Kindred

you can change the text "nothing, or nothing you can see", but that would change every use of it, not just the admin instance.
Слaва
Украинi

OzzyMozzy

This might be a silly question but what file do I download to make this change? I haven't done a Manual mod before, I thought this might be a good one to start off with.

Kindred

lol....   actually, not that silly a question.
I started to write back for you to read the OP and realized that I had forgotten to indicate the filename in the OP. 'DOH!

fixed in the OP...  but the file is Sources/Who.php
Слaва
Украинi

OzzyMozzy

thanks i found it and made the change but i dont understand this bit, where do i find and put it?

'then add the following text string to modifications.YOURLANGUAGE.txt'

OzzyMozzy

OMG i did it and it works, well it says 'portal' now instead. Is that right or did i miss something?

Kindred

Some portals may interfere with the action list.... they assume that you are always in the portal unless you are doing something specific.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: