News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Username limit

Started by Luis-, February 01, 2012, 01:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis-

I think there should be a functional name character limit which can be changed within the admin panel. Hope it can be done.

Kindred

any particular reason why?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthew K.

I don't think it's a bad idea, at all. But I think it's more fit to be a modification. Not core.

Luis-

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2012, 02:08:02 PM
any particular reason why?
Well if a forum owner would like this members to have short names instead of long ones he could just set it to say 15 for example.

Antechinus

Using hidden overflow on various elements works wonders. If people choose long names and they get partially hidden everywhere, it soon trains them to choose a shorter name. :D

Tyrsson

If it were set in the admin area and some jquery applied to the registration page could there not be a notice shown if they tried to enter more chars than is currently allowed......
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

impreza

I think it is not useful enough to be in all
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Advertisement: