From address on member to member emails

Started by harnser, February 08, 2012, 07:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harnser

OK, I wasn't aware that the developers intended for the return address to be incorrect (i.e. Admin's address), given the earlier responses in this thread.  In that case, the facility should be removed for privacy reasons if for no other reason.

Arantor

That's only an issue if you leave your own personal address as the webmaster's email - which I don't ;)

harnser

I don't use a personal address, but given that I'm receiving the replies to emails sent by my forum's members, their privacy is not being respected.  I.e.: Member 1 sends an email to Member 2, Member 2 replies and the reply is delivered to Admin's email address not Member 1's.  Clearly that's not right.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I simply set up a black hole address as my "webmaster" address... Fixed it nice and easy ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Right up until you don't get the 'database error' emails...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

True, but my forum users and staff make sure I know faster than the email would ever reach me :p
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

You, perhaps, but most people are not necessarily so well equipped ;)

Advertisement: