News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't log Out

Started by beast44, August 19, 2011, 08:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast44

I have a forum and when I try to log out. It goes to the news front page, and still won't let me log out. Does any know what might cause this

I'm running

Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC
TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb
SMFAds for Free Forums
Bright Forest Theme v2.3 by Aaron

:D ;D

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Illori

first i would suggest you upgrade to 2.0 and second you can delete the cookie from your browser or if this is happening to multiple people on your forum change the cookie name in the admin panel.

beast44

Its only happening to me. All my members can log in and out

Illori

then delete your cookie in your browser.

beast44

I did that and it still won't let me log out of my forum

beast44

If I upgrade to 2.0 Will I lose everthing I have on my forum?

Illori

beast44

I'm sorry. You lost me. I don't even know what you are talking about. I would like to keep my forum up to snuff. But, I don't know how to upgrade. I though you downloaded a mod and installed it. I don't want to do that if I lose ever thing. I would like to know why I can't log out of my forum and the members can

Illori

when upgrading from an RC to a final release there is no package manager upgrade you have to follow the directions above to upgrade your install.

beast44

why I can't log out of my forum and the members can

Illori

no idea sounds like a browser problem.

beast44

When I find the answer I'll come back and let you know

beast44

I had a member here tell me to go too cookies and session and change the cookie #. I did and it works. I can now log in and out

Illori

Quote from: Illori on August 19, 2011, 08:37:56 AM
first i would suggest you upgrade to 2.0 and second you can delete the cookie from your browser or if this is happening to multiple people on your forum change the cookie name in the admin panel.

i told you to do that already, see what happens when you ignore advice?

beast44

Quote from: Illori on August 23, 2011, 12:19:29 PM

IF you would of been so kind to explain it to a dummy on putters. Maybe I could of known what you was talking about. It took a member to explain it right. You might want to keep that in mind the next time you try and help someone

haroot

Quote from: beast44 on August 23, 2011, 08:48:17 PM
Quote from: Illori on August 23, 2011, 12:19:29 PM

IF you would of been so kind to explain it to a dummy on putters. Maybe I could of known what you was talking about. It took a member to explain it right. You might want to keep that in mind the next time you try and help someone

Love this reply its funny as hell!

Anyway I had the same exact problem and its a stupid IE issue. Deleted cookies in IE and problem solved.

Advertisement: