Cloudflare and Embeded Images & Videos make the site time out now ...

Started by samurai-lupin, February 11, 2012, 09:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai-lupin

I wondered if anyone of you has expirienced the same problem?

Since I have employed cloudflare I am no longer able to neither load nor make posts that have embeded images or videos (Photobucket, Youtube)

Has anyone had teh same problem?

Thank you

Bigguy

Have you gotten this solved yet. I used to use cloudfare and it never had a negative effect on my site.

samurai-lupin

I'm still working on it and am trying to see if it is a server issue or related to cloud flare. May I ask why you have stopped using cloud flare? Thank you

damoncloudflare

We generally shouldn't impact embedded content. Do you have Rocket Loader or Auto Minify turned on? These might impact things that require JavaScript to work. If yes, try turning these off in your CloudFlare settings to see if that helps resolve the issue (settings->CloudFlare settings).

Bigguy

I just didn't feel it was being useful to my setup and the way my sites were running. It is a good thing to use though for a lot of people. Don't let me talk you out of using it. :)

samurai-lupin

Quote from: damoncloudflare on February 16, 2012, 05:30:54 PM
We generally shouldn't impact embedded content. Do you have Rocket Loader or Auto Minify turned on? These might impact things that require JavaScript to work. If yes, try turning these off in your CloudFlare settings to see if that helps resolve the issue (settings->CloudFlare settings).

Thanks for the heads up. I will try these recommendations.

Once my sites had been off cloud flare everything went back to normal and the errors had disappeared.

It seems several SQL querries would time out. E.g. querries related to Seo4SMF, PayPal Pro Donations, AVEA ... but also PHP Probid caused problems.

damoncloudflare

"Once my sites had been off cloud flare everything went back to normal and the errors had disappeared."
My hunch is that it was indeed a beta feature turned on (Rocket Loader is the most likely culprit for the embed issue).

"It seems several SQL querries would time out. E.g. querries related to Seo4SMF, PayPal Pro Donations, AVEA ... but also PHP Probid caused problems."

Hard to look at directly on the forums without being able to look at your zone file. My hunch is that some of the items you're running need to be on a subdomain we don't touch (we can only proxy these ports: http://cloudflare.tenderapp.com/kb/troubleshooting/which-ports-will-cloudflare-work-with [nofollow]) or you had to set a Page Rule so we dont' cache it. PageRules: http://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-pagerules-fine-grained-feature-co [nofollow]

You can always contact us so one of our support engineers can take a look.

Advertisement: