Slow loads & high stress errors

Started by Krashsite, December 02, 2011, 09:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Been especially bad yesterday and tonight.  Thought new servers were supposed eliminate these problems.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ozzie

funny you should say that i have been noticing it a lot over the last few days loads of temp unavailable and high server load errors..it just took me about 5 mins to get in just now,i am pleased it not just me hence i said nothing

2000+ games available to download

live627

My theory is that the security and anti-ddos software that was on the old server is not yet properly set up on the new server.

Kindred

We still have some hardware upgrades to finish....   We are awar of the problem, but our server folks need to get the time to physically attend to he hardware.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LiroyvH

We are aware of the problems indeed and are working on fixing the issues asap.

There is not really much new hardware yet, though we have done some upgrades, we are currently running from a temporary file server that's not built for performance, nor have we had the time yet to place a new host which will contain new webservers to spread the load.

It's being worked on, but there is a Real Life(tm) that requires time as well :)
We will continue with the physical upgrades as soon as possible. Make a trip to the datacenter soon :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

gisfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

LiroyvH

We have only been down for like 3 minutes when I was making changes, shouldnt have given you trouble for a longer time.

K4EEO

it's still slow / load errors / time-outs.. no complaints, just a heads-up.

"Temporarily Unavailable

Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
"

LiroyvH

Yes, we are aware of the current issues with the load and what the cause is at this time.

We'll make more haste in getting to the datacenter.
Next to that we're working on applying some new patches.

To be continued.

redone

Everyone just needs to give the server dudes some time to get it right. Christmas is coming - get some Christmas shopping done instead.

:)

Ricky.

For me, its fine.

All I can say that its not smooth as it used to be but then, I am adaptive :P

durazell

Current situation here:

Home - unavailable (error 502)
Downloads - unavailable (error 502)
Support - unavailable (error 502)
Dev - unavailable (error 502)

otherwise ok

lifeguard81

For 5 days i get very often this message.
Temporarily Unavailable

Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
www.doenwenu.nl
Excuse me for my english. i am from holland :)

LiroyvH

Yes, we are aware of the problems.

Hopefully I can make our server stack more stable tonight. That should hold until we can place our new servers and importantly: our new file server.

LiroyvH

Made some changes, please see how it goes now.
Please dont consider it fixed yet, no matter how well it appears to perform at some times. I'm saying this to prevent disappointment if it turns out it is not stable.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got the "All Text & Broken Images" theme - cleared on first reload.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dream of Omnimaga

In my case, I noticed that connections to SMF server seems capped at around 5 or 10 per minute or two. After I visit 5 pages on SMF, it stops responding completely during about 1-2 minutes, then it works again. This has happened since last Summer actually. Script execution time still seems normal, which tells me it's simply blocking connections from me or something, but that the max amount of connections from one IP to your server is set far too low.

It's particularly annoying when I search for support or mods and I have to wait an extra 30 minutes because I have troubles finding what I want and every 5 page load it blocks me for 2 minutes.

Kindred

since no one else has (ever) reported such an issue, I can only come to the conclusion that there is a problem with in your browser, computer or network....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dream of Omnimaga

Well SMF site is the only site I had this problem at since last Summer, and it might be an ISP issue then because this happens on my old computer too. Definitively not browser, as I have it happen in Firefox, IE, Safari and Chrome too.

LiroyvH

We have some caps in place but you have to make quite a large number of connections at exactly the same time if you wish to reach it... It will throttle you, but not keep you blocked for 2 minutes unless you keep trying and trying and trying to make even more connections in a extreme short timeframe. (few secs) 5 or 10 connections within a minute wont bring you near the limits unless you have some very odd browser configuration.

Advertisement: