News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Steam mod

Started by Turt, February 16, 2012, 01:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turt

hi, i was wondering if someone can be generous with their time and skill.. and make a smf 2.0.2 compatible, working, Steam mod.

Description:

= I want it so when you register their be's a option, where you put your "steam profile url"

= In threads, by the profile name (icons), put a steam icon their, so when that icon is pressed, it directs you to their steam profile (in new tab)
--> make this icon so, when online on steam, it is one colour, and when offline it is another colour. (if it can be done)

Thats all, hope someone can make it :)

Turt

distante

I'm not quite sure of what do you mean by "steam", but in smf 2 you can add all the extra profiles that you want.

Doburpally

There is already a mod that supports this, it's called Gamer IDs

Not sure about it coming up while registering, I never cared about it. It's simple enough to go to your profile and input the necessary information IMHO.

Turt

Quote from: distante on March 01, 2012, 03:36:29 PM
I'm not quite sure of what do you mean by "steam", but in smf 2 you can add all the extra profiles that you want.

hmm, yeah you can put all the profile fields you want in smf 2.0, but i was thinking something more like a a profile field with: "steam", so you enter your steam username in their. And when you post a message their is a small "steam icon" where the msn, icq, etc are under your name when posted a message.

When you click it, i want it to redirect you to the persons steam page. not just show the username.

i want it like the "game id's"

(hope it makes sense -.-)

Quote from: Reaper.CSF. on March 02, 2012, 02:14:28 AM
There is already a mod that supports this, it's called Gamer IDs

Not sure about it coming up while registering, I never cared about it. It's simple enough to go to your profile and input the necessary information IMHO.

Gamerid's is a nice mod, but when i install it to my smf 2.0.2 forum, their is some text (like 5 lines) comes up on the top of every page, also it has  made the font of the whole forum go bigger.

(sorry for my bad english)

Regards, Turt.

(my forum: Tag-cs.tk [nofollow])

Illori

take a look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374284.0 and apply it to steam, that should do what you want.

Advertisement: