Advance Fake Users and Guests Online for SMF

Started by Ricky., February 19, 2012, 06:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Quote from: Padre gremista on October 08, 2016, 09:38:13 PM
it isn't working in my forum (SMF 2.0.11). Installation is right, but the menu for make changes is not showed in miscellaneous page (admin).

@ Padre,
See my previous post
QuoteI cleared my forum's cache, went to ACP -> Configuation -> Modification Settings and saw "Fake Guests & Users Online".

Clicked on that and the settings page is present.

Quote from: engrz on March 07, 2016, 01:37:42 AM
Hello

is this mod available for smf 2.0.11 ? i really need this.

@engrz,

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3330  =  Compatible With:  2.0.2

Any mod that is SMF ver 2.0.x is compatible with SMF ver 2.0.11 or 2.0.12.

If necessary, use Online Manual -> Package Manager -> SMF ver 2.0.x -> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

pheng

Is there anybody still working on this mod?

I got the same problem, installing OK but it didn't show in config in order to set up.

Siirist

Quote from: pheng on October 14, 2016, 04:52:05 PM

I got the same problem, installing OK but it didn't show in config in order to set up.

I have it functioning since about April, using SMF ver2.0.11
This can be seen here: Your Sanctuary
The 9 users and the 35 guests are not real.

You are using ver. 2.0.12, and are using Simple Portal, and your forum is in another language, so without more information about what is happening;
When you installed:
Did you use the Package Manager?
Did you use advance to emulate a different version?
Did you have any installation errors?

If it installed without errors, can you provide a screen shot of what you do or do NOT see?

Regards,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

engrz

Quote from: Siirist on October 14, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
Quote from: pheng on October 14, 2016, 04:52:05 PM

I have it functioning since about April, using SMF ver2.0.11
This can be seen here: Your Sanctuary
The 9 users and the 35 guests are not real.

Hello

it is not working for me too, installation sucessful but unable to show the fake users or guests.
You are using ver. 2.0.12, and are using Simple Portal, and your forum is in another language, so without more information about what is happening;
When you installed:
Did you use the Package Manager?
Did you use advance to emulate a different version?
Did you have any installation errors?

If it installed without errors, can you provide a screen shot of what you do or do NOT see?

Regards,
Siirist

pheng

It's really strange, I got i installed with 2.0.12 not working, change to 2.0.11 not working, too

Siirist

Quote from: pheng on October 15, 2016, 10:41:23 AM
It's really strange, I got i installed with 2.0.12 not working, change to 2.0.11 not working, too

"Not working" does not tell us what is not working.

It is like taking your automobile to a mechanic, handing him the key and saying "It's broken".

READ FIRST: How to help us help you

Siirist
Needed information:

iain sherriff

Quote from: CreativeITWorld.com on November 05, 2012, 08:53:48 PM
A bit of code I have made use of in the past that might assist the mod's author or ambitious admin.

function randomGen($min, $max)
{
    // setup our seed
    srand((float) microtime() * 10000000);
    // Generate the number
    $random = rand($min,$max);
   // Return the number
    return $random;
}
/*adjust these numbers to display a random number within a range-
make sure the low number is on the left.*/

$random_number = randomGen(10,25);
echo "<br/>There are " .$random_number. " visitors online";

Did anyone progress with this bit of code please ?
SMF 2.0.12

engrz

it is not working just because of may be it is not compatible with the smf 2.0.12.

Br0ski47

I have not been able to get this working since smf 2.0.12.
The names remain but the option to add more names in the Modification Settings no longer shows up.

I will investigate further but my understanding is I will have to hunt down the files in the database and add names there but no clue where?
I could not change these settings in the File Manager.

Xpresskonami

Will this mod increases views in forum post too???

Xpresskonami

The mod is not showing the settings page, but it installed correctly and redirect me to the settings page. But can't see where to do the settings

Xpresskonami

Please fix the error to this mod

<edit - deleted pointless quote of the main topic>

sribharath

It installed correctly but the setting page is not present

/?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=fguo is not working

Please help , really need thi very badly

sribharath

d3vcho

Do you receive any error in the error log or something? How is exactly that URL "not working"?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Dwev

Tried this mod, installed (with emulation for 2.0.2) without any errors, but no settings to be seen in Configuation -> Modification Settings.

No caching on forum, and /?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=fguo doesn't work either.

Guessing from the rest of the thread it seems that a solution won't be forthcoming, just wanted to warn other people that this is probably a waste of time.

If anybody know how to get it to work, that would be greatly appreciated, of course.

nadeem34

I am facing a problem. After installing the mod there is no control panel for this mod. After installing clicking on redirect now it just redirect to Miscellaneous and there is no panel for this mod
Creative ways to make money fast
https://gotryus.com/

ILUXA

Quote from: vinzbomb on February 19, 2012, 07:50:59 PM
thanks for this mod i installed it but cannot see the admin settings for this mod
Thanks, but I also have the same issue, mod settings doesn't appear after installation...

I managed to solve this problem with manually adding mod settings code to /Sources/ManageSettings.php,
I'm also using Anti-Spam-Links Mod Settings, so I've added "fake users" settings code to the bottom
of "spam-links" settings, here is whole code, after you'll add it, "fake users" settings will be in default mod settings:
$config_vars = array(
                // Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!                                             

//'',
                $txt['anti_spam_links'],
                array('int', 'anti_spam_links_nolinks', 'subtext' => $txt['anti_spam_links_zero_disable']),                                                                             
                array('int', 'anti_spam_links_newbielinks', 'subtext' => $txt['anti_spam_links_zero_disable']),                                                                         
                array('int', 'anti_spam_links_nofollowlinks', 'subtext' => $txt['anti_spam_links_zero_disable']),                                                                       
                array('select', 'anti_spam_links_guests', array(&$txt['anti_spam_links_guests_opt0'], &$txt['anti_spam_links_guests_opt1'], &$txt['anti_spam_links_guests_opt2'], &$txt['anti_spam_links_guests_opt3'])),
                '',
                $txt['fguo_admin'],
                array('int', 'fguo_guests'),
                array('int', 'fguo_hidden'),
                array('check','fguo_members_enable'),
                array('large_text', 'fguo_memberlist'),
                '',

);

The part that was added is
                '',
                $txt['fguo_admin'],
                array('int', 'fguo_guests'),
                array('int', 'fguo_hidden'),
                array('check','fguo_members_enable'),
                array('large_text', 'fguo_memberlist'),

Here is how it's looking:

Tricky-Ricky

Thanks ILUXA you little trick works a treat

Yunpee

There's a problem with this mod. It only show a list of membername when at least 1 user is logged in. But when no one logged in, it show only a text (20 Guests, 4 Users) but no username. Anyone have idea what is the cause and how to fix this?

Advertisement: