News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advance Fake Users and Guests Online for SMF

Started by Ricky., February 19, 2012, 06:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeri

hi all

i installed and now i have this error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/m/e/g/megansma/html/forum/Sources/Subs-fguo.php on line 52

But its only in my admin, not on the public forum.

any suggestions on how i can fix this?

engrz

Quotei installed and now i have this error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/m/e/g/megansma/html/forum/Sources/Subs-fguo.php on line 52

go to your admin panel, then maintenance tab. select fine and repair all errors. this will fix all the errors on the forum.

jeri

Thanks, but I can't get into my Admin - i only get that error on a white page.

drfun

thanks for coming up with this mod, its really nice. i noticed its show the save Guest and number of user online on ADK portal. please has any one also notice this and is there a way of fixing it.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

drfun

i mearnt, the mod doesn't show or display the number of guest and usser online, if you use it with Adk Portal.

Ricky.

This mod changes statistics where user online information is built, if adk portal is not using it or doing their own calculation then it will not show fake guests/ user in their portal block.

drfun

ok, i now understand, but this will be telling different stats.

bornagainpenguin

I don't know if this is still being worked on or not (oh I hope it is!) but I know that one of the features you were wanting to add was "real" profiles.  Well while trying to find a random name generator for the users I created I came across this site:

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

I was thinking that somehow scraping it or using it somehow to backfill the profiles might be a way forward for you?  Just a thought.

--bornagainpenguin

SMURF6060

can us users not using the latest version have a working copy as well?

why leave us out? i dont want to be excluded :(

Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC4 would be nice..will even pay for a version.

what do ya say?

Ricky.

Quote from: SMURF6060 on June 30, 2012, 05:56:43 AM
can us users not using the latest version have a working copy as well?

why leave us out? i dont want to be excluded :(

Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC4 would be nice..will even pay for a version.

what do ya say?
Use version emulation,
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

SMURF6060

tried it.

redirects to a non existent mod :(
mod isnt added into the back-end

screen caps attached

Ricky.

Its admin area is hooks based, I am not sure if its available in RC4 or not, looks like its not there so its not working.

NiceCarvings

Ricky,

Thanks for the mod. I have used it for the first 2 months of my forum and I believe it has really helped. For the last month I have only showed 8 fake guests. My forum is busy enough that I removed the mod now.

Is there anyway to remove the link on my smf "credits" page as well?

Thanks again!

Ricky.

Nice to know it helped your forum, you simply uninstall mod and it should remove that.

mariusfv

Ricky this mod should be "our dirty little secret" so who use this mod want to hide the use of him, but you put your copyright and specified too clear that is fake users mod installed, was understand if was for "back-link" but to specify ? :(

So if you click the first SMF copyright from the footer is so clearly specified.... ugly...

I attach a picture to see ....

Ricky.

Its still secret, how many of even actual users of SMF knows that clicking that link sends you to credit page?

Arantor

Well, it just means it's even easier to spot when a forum is lying to its users - or at least get proof when you already suspect it to be the case.

Ricky.

Quote from: Arantor on October 24, 2012, 06:12:42 AM
Well, it just means it's even easier to spot when a forum is lying to its users - or at least get proof when you already suspect it to be the case.
At least its not a white lie.

N i g h t m a r e

would it be possible to code in something so when a user clicks there name on the online list it says something like, "you are not allowed to view this profile" ?

Advertisement: