News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advance Fake Users and Guests Online for SMF

Started by Ricky., February 19, 2012, 06:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Link to Mod

Advance Fake Guests & Users Online (afguo)
(Version 1.2.2) by Ricky. |  Mod Support | My Other Mods
For SMF 2.0 to 2.0.11 2.1 Beta 3, 2.1 RC 1, 2.1 RC2

Description

This is an interesting modification for SMF 2 & 2.1, it may indirectly increase number of new registrations on forum simply making it look busy through increasing numbers of Guests, Hidden Members as well Fake Registered Members (can be added from admin) as per your wish on forum home page.

Features

• Lets you specify number of hidden members
  • Increase number of guests as per your wish
  • You can also show fake registered members online
  • You can add any number of Fake online members from admin.

Demo

Coming soon..

Installation

Simply install it via package manager.

Installation on Custom Template

Works on all template , no custom template installation required.

Administration

After install you can access it through Admin Panel where you can specify number of fake users, username etc.

• For SMF 2.0 to 2.0.11 & 2.1 Beta 3, 2.1 RC 1, 2.1 RC2
    Goto --> Admin --> Configuration --> Modification --> Fake Users and Guests 

Changelog

1.2.2 : Fix a bug where fake members name are not visible if no real user is logged in.
1.2.1 : PHP 5.4 and up compatibility fix , added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3, 2.1 RC 1, 2.1 RC2
1.2 : Used Integration hooks as well few minor tweaks
1.0 : Initial release

License

Please see included license.txt in this package.

To do..

-> Add real looking profile for fake online members
-> Add fake members in Who is online page.
-> Some of sort of randomization.

vinzbomb

thanks for this mod i installed it but cannot see the admin settings for this mod

shows not up !

Ricky.

Are you sure you can't find it under
Goto --> Admin --> Configuration --> Modification --> Fake Users and Guests Online 

4Kstore

Excelent mod, here is the spanish_latin translation!

$txt['fguo_guests'] = 'Cuantos falsos visitantes desea mostrar conectados (Dejar en blanco para desactivar)';
$txt['fguo_hidden'] = 'Cuantos falsos usuarios como ocultos(Dejar en blanco para desactivar)';
$txt['fguo_admin'] = 'Falsos visitantes y usuarios onlines';
$txt['fguo_memberlist'] = 'Nombres para los usuarios falsos (separar por comas)';
$txt['fguo_members_enable'] = 'Activar los usuarios falsos en la lista de usuarios conectados.';

Bye!  :laugh:

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

vinzbomb

Quote from: Ricky. on February 20, 2012, 12:42:28 AM
Goto --> Admin --> Configuration --> Modification --> Fake Users and Guests Online 

yes after install the redirect to the admin panel doesn't work, and can't find it.

version forum 2.0.2
theme blackstorm
simple portal

i think its noat a bugg from your mod from my forum
it would be cool if someone can check it for me thanks otherwise i will not use it  ;)

Ventic

great mod but if you click in who is online you wont see for example 450 guests(the guests you have added by mod,its possible to do it and when someone goes there to see for example:
Guest (1.3.5.3.5.3.523)    02:40:16 am    Viewing Gaming-paradise's Index

Sheda

That's an awesome idea! It's kinda useless for my forum, but i feel like installing it and making a few fake users, just for the hell of it! :D

Thanks!

Ricky.

Quote from: vinzbomb on February 20, 2012, 07:31:59 AM

yes after install the redirect to the admin panel doesn't work, and can't find it.

version forum 2.0.2
theme blackstorm
simple portal

it would be cool if someone can check it for me thanks otherwise i will not use it  ;)
Mod is tested thoroughly before releasing it to you all folks, If possible for you, can you try to install any other mod and if thats installing then let me know, we will look further into it.

Quote from: Ventic on February 20, 2012, 07:40:57 AM
great mod but if you click in who is online you wont see for example 450 guests(the guests you have added by mod,its possible to do it and when someone goes there to see for example:
Hey, that is in my things to do in future, on next update you will see it. :)

vinzbomb

Quote from: Ricky. on February 21, 2012, 01:04:13 AM
Quote from: vinzbomb on February 20, 2012, 07:31:59 AM

version forum 2.0.2
theme blackstorm
simple portal

Mod is tested thoroughly before releasing it to you all folks, If possible for you, can you try to install any other mod and if thats installing then let me know, we will look further into it.

Quote from: Ventic on February 20, 2012, 07:40:57 AM
Hey, that is in my things to do in future, on next update you will see it. :)

thanks fo reply !
i can install other mods.
in the menu where it should be I have two lines with a checkbox, without sentence wrote. strange, and i actually don't know if its an other mod that did not install good or uninstall.

Last times i installed so much mods, trying testing, and today i got a forum that works but with some buggs on index.page, i'm learning, and don't no what to do, to repair some errors.

maybe some can check it for me, for example someone who is studying php, mysql, smf forum developper etc... at school or home and want to do some training
on the forum files, is Welcome !!!!

thanks for future help

vinzbomb

i install it again, with no success, redirect works but the mod isn't there !!!!

i just installed rating bar mod without problem and was redirect to the settings, in the same menu, where your mod should be installed

i see in the install report no description for
1.    Execute Modification            ./Sources/Subs-MembersOnline.php                            Test successful
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php                                                            Test successful
   3.    Extract File                    ./Sources/Subs-fguo.php    
   4.    Extract File                    ./Themes/default/languages/afguo.english.php             ?!!
   5.    Extract File                    ./Themes/default/languages/afguo.english-utf8.php     ?!!
   6.    Adapt Database            hooks.php                                                                     ?!!

Ventic

Ricky.

Quote from: 4Kstore on February 20, 2012, 04:19:49 AM
Excelent mod, here is the spanish_latin translation!

$txt['fguo_guests'] = 'Cuantos falsos visitantes desea mostrar conectados (Dejar en blanco para desactivar)';
$txt['fguo_hidden'] = 'Cuantos falsos usuarios como ocultos(Dejar en blanco para desactivar)';
$txt['fguo_admin'] = 'Falsos visitantes y usuarios onlines';
$txt['fguo_memberlist'] = 'Nombres para los usuarios falsos (separar por comas)';
$txt['fguo_members_enable'] = 'Activar los usuarios falsos en la lista de usuarios conectados.';

Bye!  :laugh:

Thanks, I will include it in next update..

Ricky.

Quote from: vinzbomb on February 21, 2012, 07:42:21 AM
Quote from: Ventic on February 21, 2012, 07:28:25 AM
really good looking foward for it

?

don't work !!!!

Hmm.. I seriously think that you haven't enabled it.. that it.. After install you are supposed to give values in admin area in its settings else you will not see anything.

vinzbomb

Quote from: Ricky. on February 21, 2012, 10:39:18 AM

?

don't work !!!!

Hmm.. I seriously think that you haven't enabled it.. that it.. After install you are supposed to give values in admin area in its settings else you will not see anything.

Ok i'm a noob but, there is no admin page for the mod ok !!!
It doesn't redirect too, since there is now message saying successful install at all

Alb0

Very nice. Can't wait for the update, as it'll make it more legitimate.  ;)

Ricky.

Quote from: vinzbomb on February 21, 2012, 11:03:26 AM
Quote from: Ricky. on February 21, 2012, 10:39:18 AM

?

don't work !!!!

Ok i'm a noob but, there is no admin page for the mod ok !!!
It doesn't redirect too, since there is now message saying successful install at all
Buddy, around 160+ people have downloaded this MOD so far and apart of you no one else is facing this issue, so do I .. so how can I fix it when its not broken.

Alright, delete package and upload new fresh package and try to reinstall.

Kreator

Can you sticK a randomizer within it so that if say you stick a 100 guests it will give a random number between 5 and 100 every hour

Just a thought! I hate having to adjust the number evsery time Im online so that it looks REAL! haha!

Ricky.

Yes, I had some plan for it, will incorporate something like that in next update.

impreza

Addition first slot class useful.

It's fun to be able to click on the aisle - No access to this profile

And - a random number of people on the Foum, the same allowance losował registered and logged-in amounts of from - to
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Advertisement: