Advance Fake Users and Guests Online for SMF

Started by Ricky., February 19, 2012, 06:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Yunpee on November 20, 2019, 11:21:38 AM
There's a problem with this mod.

I am keeping my self away from this mod for eight years, nowadays it is unsupported and incompatible, and only code writers can play with it. 
Therefore any regular Joe counting on easy mod installation, he must stay away.   

Arantor

I'd suggest that a mod expressly designed to lie to users is probably better off not being resurrected anyway.

mikedijital

Been using this mod since 2.0.4   quick question if anyone cared to dabble

admin names are red, regualar users are gray for the most part with the exception of a few small user groups.  but i think this themes default is red ( back in black theme )  just restarting the old forum and trying to give the illusion of activity so the handfull that have come back after 10 years keep coming back while my social media ads runs to " hopefully " get new people to join

all that being said, is there anyway to change the color of the fake users names..  whether it be hard code, or something that adds an input box inthe admin would be great... because the fake names are showing up red, and i want gray   sorry for digging up bones here, but this mod is helping push the forum while im hitting the gas and trying to pop the proverbial clutch lol

mikedijital

Quote from: mikedijital on February 19, 2020, 03:42:46 PM

admin names are red, regualar users are gray for the most part with the exception of a few small user groups.  but i think this themes default is red ( back in black theme )  just restarting the old forum and trying to give the illusion of activity so the handfull that have come back after 10 years keep coming back while my social media ads runs to " hopefully " get new people to join

all that being said, is there anyway to change the color of the fake users names..  whether it be hard code, or something that adds an input box inthe admin would be great... because the fake names are showing up red, and i want gray   sorry for digging up bones here, but this mod is helping push the forum while im hitting the gas and trying to pop the proverbial clutch lol

No one ?   :-[ :-[ :-[

Ricky.

Updated to Version 1.2.1 , support 2.0.1 to 2.0.17 & 2.1 Beta 3, 2.1 RC 1, 2.1 RC2
Minor tweaks.

Ricky.

Quote from: mikedijital on February 19, 2020, 03:42:46 PM

Could use HTML inside input box but I had specifically removed use of HTML there to avoid any issue. Further, code will need little more than tweaking to make your thing work. However, if I happen to update it, I will do something about your request.

Ricky.

There's a problem with this mod. It only show a list of membername when at least 1 user is logged in. But when no one logged in, it show only a text (20 Guests, 4 Users) but no username. Anyone have idea what is the cause and how to fix this?
You actually found a bug.. will look into it.

Ricky.

There's a problem with this mod. It only show a list of membername when at least 1 user is logged in. But when no one logged in, it show only a text (20 Guests, 4 Users) but no username. Anyone have idea what is the cause and how to fix this?
This bug has been fixed in version 1.2.2 .

BCK

Hi, this is a great mod for new sites to help it grow by not scaring off potential members that want to be part of a larger group to start,,once grow can shut it off if want,,,any issues with 2.0.17 default...want to install but wanted to check first since last update a few months ago...thx in advance..

tareko

this is a great mod. it helps in boosting the activity.

Arantor

Hope your users don't find out that you're lying to them.

tareko

Quote from: Arantor on August 02, 2020, 01:15:11 PM
Hope your users don't find out that you're lying to them.

you make it sound so sinister dude. I ain't lying. I want my forum seem a bit more active is all.

Kindred

Quote from: tareko on September 10, 2020, 10:23:38 AM
you make it sound so sinister dude. I ain't lying. I want my forum seem a bit more active is all.

....   which is a lie.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tareko

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2020, 12:07:18 PM

....   which is a lie.

How is that a lie dude?

Kindred

Because your site is NOT getting the traffic that you are faking ...   that report is purposefully not factual while being represented as fact, which, in common parlance means,  it is a lie 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Will never understand why this mod was allowed on the mod site.  It's soooooooo tacky. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 10, 2020, 06:17:20 PM
Will never understand why this mod was allowed on the mod site.  It's soooooooo tacky. :P

There is nothing against the rules about this mod to not be allowed here. And there is nothing tacky about it either Mr Goody Two-shoes.

It can help new sites in boosting some activities or dead sites from coming back up. What is wrong with that?

If you are too moralistic to use it, let others use it then. Spare them the negativity and lecture.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

hungarianguy

Quote from: Arantor on August 02, 2020, 01:15:11 PMHope your users don't find out that you're lying to them.

There is nothing wrong with that. You can use this mod by Doug.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=586857.0

Advertisement: