Upgrade from 2.0 RC 5 to 2.0.2 problem, files not updating

Started by Fearless Freap, February 18, 2012, 10:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fearless Freap

Hello,

I have been running SMF 2.0 RC5 for a while and decided to upgrade.  I had a mess of mods installed, and upgraded without uninstalling any of them.  I realize that Tiny Portal can present some problems if done that way...  Long story short, I've tried clean installs to 2.0.1 and 2.0.1 but I am having problems.

When I do that, when I do a detail version check I get outdated Sources, Default Templates, and Language. 

These all say that I am still using 2.0 RC5

I have a problem installing new themes, they don't display correctly...  I don't see any graphics.  Even the Touch theme I once had doesn't reinstall correctly.  I am puzzled.  I thought a complete install would correct this problem.

Thanks - Steve

Storman™

Sounds like a mixed up mess  :o

Are any mods showing as installed at the moment ?

Switch to the default theme and get the base site working first before you worry about extra templates and mods. Once that looks to be ok (using default theme) then you can add extra templates. Once they are working ok then you can add the mods.

Get a fresh version of the Touch template as your current one might have amendments from your old mods.

Sounds like to start you need to overwrite all the Sources and the Default templates to get them up to the current version. Get that sorted first and then worry about the theme/mods.

(As with everything take a backup first).

Fearless Freap

It's a horrible mess... I'll try going through the list.  (While I was waiting, I tried to wipe everything clean, and reinstall again)

I am going to complete this line by line as I complete each step:

1: posted alternate index.htm for members that I am experiencing technical difficulties, and the forum will be back up shortly.
2: Save settings.php and settings._bak.php
3: Delete all folders with the exception of [attachments]
4: ftp to server smf_2-0-2_install (with the exception of install.php)
5: ftp to server settings.php and settings._bak.php

Now I can't access anything : here is what I see :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ila_hide_bbc() in /hermes/web05/b1514/[cow.xxxxxxxxxxxx]/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php on line 935

I opened the subs.php file in a code editing program and line 935 is blank.

OK, so now I've uninstalled everything again, and reloaded my original files... I still get the same message.
I then replaced the Subs.php with the original install version Subs.php and nothing changes.

I've gone into the directory and renamed Subs.php to SubsHOLD.php to see what would happen,  I get the same message.
How can it call a file that now doesn't exist?

Fearless Freap

Is there residual garbage left in the database that I need to manually uninstall or delete?

Fearless Freap

My latest update is that I went for a new installation,

1. ftp SMF 2.0.2
2. Created a new database
3. Installed new installation to new database.

OK, now installation was a success... forum was accessible.

4. Ran settings_repair.php and transferred old forum data into new into new installation.

Now I get :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ila_hide_bbc() in /hermes/web05/b1514/xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php on line 935

I am out of ideas, I beg anyone, ANYONE with any ideas to please post something, I've been at this now for about 8 hours today and I getting burned out.

Thanks - Steve

Fearless Freap

It worked after all, you just need to make sure that you have all the original database information line back up.  Darn typos.

Advertisement: