News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Please Help - I Need To Modify PrettyUrls Mod For Topic Urls

Started by nairaman, August 19, 2012, 01:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nairaman

I created a new SMForum 2.0.2 at hxxp:howebook.net [nonactive] and I am trying to make the urls SEO-friendly, so I installed the Pretty URLs 1.0 from this link http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.0

It's working fine, but I need to restructure the URL for topics from the current structure which is

hxxp://domain.tld/board/topic

to something like

hxxp://domain.tld/topic-id/topic

so that instead of

howebook.net/phone/master-guide

I should be having something like

howebook.net/1234/master-guide

where topic-id is a number indicating the numeric ID for that topic.

Can anyone guide me as to how I can achieve this. I would be so grateful if anyone could modify the mod accordingly and re-attach the new one here so that I could download and re-install on my forum.

I have attached a copy of the Pretty Url mod below. Thanks.  ;D

Bigguy

Have you asked in the mod authors thread about this. That is where this question should be asked. I am also not sure you are allowed to post a mod in here that is someone else's.

nairaman

OK. Thanks @BigGuy but I only opened a new topic because someone who asked for similar help was asked to open a new topic for it. I would do that asap and hope they don't refer me to creating a new topic.

Bigguy

Not to sure why you were asked to open a new topic for a modification package that already has a thread. We try to keep all the mod questions in the thread the mod author has created.

Advertisement: