"Can't LogOut"

Started by Snuffy, February 21, 2012, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

I've been unable to duplicate the problem on any of my installs, but I see it on the affected boards I've looked at (6-8, mostly 2.0.2), so it's probably not a just a browser problem.  Something to do with cookies.  It may be due to a combination of browser and php settings, but can't do much without being able to duplicate it.  It's become more of a problem since 2.0.2 was released.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dustieann

Hi All,

I realise this is an old topic, but I have the same problem. 

Was a solution ever found to this problem?  I have done all the things suggested here, and I still can't log out as admin from my own forum :(

I am using version SMF 1.1.16

I have had this problem for at least 6 months (if not longer) but now it is becoming a problem, as I need to log in as member  to check certian settings etc in my forum.

Grateful for any help.

janvd

I am a newbie in SMF, so be patient with me.
It seems I have the same problem.

I am using SMF 2.0.2 with theme Clicksafe Pro Button bar version 1.0.5
the forum at  hxxp:expatinthephilippines.com/ask [nonactive] looks good and works, except a few things:

in the left buttonbar several buttons have a menu with new links. These links work fine.
But there are four buttons with no menu, just the simple link:
like:  home, help, search and logout
These links seem not to work.

Could anybody help me with this?

I disabled the theme, and the menubar (which is the same as the buttonbar in the theme) on top works fine. I can also log out.  Activated the theme again and the buttons do not work anymore.
So I guess it is a theme issue ?? Or not ?

JohnS

Janvd - What browser are you using, I had similar problems with some themes and it is a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer 9, they work fine in 8 but not 9, you can switch compatibility mode in IE (next to the URL address line an icon that looks like a small torn page) and they start working.
Yours seems to be the other way round it works in IE8 but not IE9, it seems to work OK in Firefox.
Some code changes in the theme would be needed to cure it, but don't ask me what.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: