Can't send email to [email protected]

Started by Adrek, February 21, 2012, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrek

Hi, so as I wrote in subject. I tried to send email from two different accounts, but every time it returns:
QuoteThe address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

[email protected]
    Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
    host mx1.simplemachines.org [66.71.247.138]: 450 4.2.0 <[email protected]>:
    Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/simplemachines.org.html

So my question is - this is problem with your or my email account? :)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Kindred

did you click on the link in that message which explains what the greylisting means?   Essentially, it means that your email is apparently not sending the appropriate details and could be misconfigured.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adrek

yeah, but I can send messages to any other email

edit:

and earlier I wrote a few messages to [email protected] without problems

LiroyvH

The email will come through anyway, it will just hold off processing it for a few minutes.
After that if your mail server tries again it may come through.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

SleePy

phantomm,

If you wouldn't mind.  What was the domain (ie yahoo, google) of the email you where sending from?  Don't need to know the full address (although that may be useful).
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Adrek

one is Polish @poczta.fm and one from my friend website (I can give full address at PM)

Dzonny

phantomm, i believe that we make a deal about translation via mail, but if you have more questions feel free to pm me if you still can't send mails.

Adrek

Yes, we did.
I was offline for few days (problems with ISP), and from today I'll start making translations.

Advertisement: