News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Default database

Started by daveb47, February 22, 2012, 11:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb47

I have an smf 2.02 board .
Ideally i would like to go back to a clean database.
Is there any way of clearing database of all mods etc without losing posts etc.
With ipb i could just do fresh install & import members/psts etc using thir converter but this doesnt seem possible with smf.
https://daveb47.co.uk

A Slinky is like Jeremy CorbynWinehouse,Weird looking,Not really of any use to anybody.
But its really funny when it falls down the stairs!!:D:D

Herman's Mixen

use the large upgrade package from the download page upload all files and overwrite all files on your server will take out your installed mods if ya wanna clean your database you should have phpmyadmin but you have to know what your are doing within the database tables so be care full there !!

you can run upgrade.php but would not be nessarsary but won't hurt :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: daveb47 on February 22, 2012, 11:35:50 AM
I have an smf 2.02 board .
Ideally i would like to go back to a clean database.
Is there any way of clearing database of all mods etc without losing posts etc.
With ipb i could just do fresh install & import members/psts etc using thir converter but this doesnt seem possible with smf.
Currently I think we do not have a tool to do this, but one has been worked on - I do not know what the status of that is currently though.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

take a look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468497.0 that is as close as we have for a public release at this time.

Advertisement: