News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

HELP! Install Error

Started by Shuhan, February 22, 2012, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shuhan

Hi, I wanted to downgrade my forum to SMF RC4 but I uploaded the full Install file to the Home Directory of the forum and unzipped it. I uploaded the wrong file it should be upgrade one, not full install.

Now I keep getting this error? Anyone know how to fix it?

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Looking

Matthew K.

Furthermore...you can't "downgrade". Try running repair_settings.php, though.

NanoSector

Why are you even wanting to downgrade?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Shuhan

Matthew K.

You can't downgrade...what are you trying to do, and why?

Shuhan

I did not know that you can't downgrade. I wanted to fix the layout because it only runs probably on RC4 and most of the mods don't work. I keep having errors with SMF forum.

Matthew K.

Then run the large upgrade (SMF 2.0.2)...that'll get rid of all mods (even if it says they're still 'installed') and then you can use ?theme=1 to revert to Curve, to remove the sour theme.

Shuhan

Shuhan

Done that but now I get this error when I enter upgrade.php for large upgrade (SMF 2.0.2)  "Unable to connect to database - please check username and password are correct in Settings.php"

I go to settings.php it says this "Not Found

The requested URL /settings.php was not found on this server"

Matthew K.

Shuhan

I've run that and still the same =/

Matthew K.

I would suggest contacting your host to verify the paths.

Matthew K.

Illori

please open a separate thread for your issue, this thread belongs to someone else.

mirrormaker

I didn't see any reason to post in a different thread a similar issue but don't worry I removed it and won't bother again, the issue has been resolved but thanks anyway.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: