Member permision like group permisions

Started by T3CHN0, February 27, 2012, 01:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Hello

I don't know if there is a mod already around for this! or if the option is already in SMF and I just never found it.

I added a board but want only selected members to view it, I have about 5 or more clans registered with my forum
and from 3 of them I only want 1 member each to access a board we can talk about mods.

I don't want to make a group for each one as there admins on there clan and already have there own groups
with other admin from there clan.

With out making new groups I want to select this member this member and that member only to view this board
weather there a guest or an admin, it don't matter because I selected them by member not group...

any one know of a mod like this or a way to do it?????????????

cheers

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you added a board that you want to limit access to, then you need to create a group for that access, and add the selected members in that group.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

T3CHN0

yes but that's not what i want to do. I want to add curtain members to a board but not have to change what group there already in

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Then you would add the new access group as a secondary / hidden group. Any member can be in multiple groups at the same time.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

T3CHN0

Any member can be in multiple groups at the same time
Didn't know that, I will look into how to do it TY

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Go to a user's profile -> Account settings

You will see that there's two membergroup sections.
Primary Membergroup and Additional Membergroups.

Each user can only have one visible (Primary) group, but basically unlimited amount of hidden (additional) groups. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

T3CHN0

No I only have 1 group to select from, No matter I found this mod
and it lets me add many groups to a member, this is my answer thank you.

didn't think to look for a mod to extend user groups too have more
then 1 group to a member.

you gave me the idea. Mod installed and looks to be working.

Many many thanks for your support...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

? That mod adds no functionality, just changes the way the groups are shown.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

T3CHN0

OK TY
None the less you were a big help, sometimes the simplest things are over looked.
cheers

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: