News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[HELP]how to add theme options for smf 2.0.2?

Started by fullmoonya, February 24, 2012, 06:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullmoonya

can anyone tell me what are the files to look up and what codes should i put to add some default settings for the members in my forum?
do not mark my topic solve unless it is REALLY SOLVED.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

Ricky.

Can you explain little more like what kind of default options / settings you are looking for so that we can give you better advice.

fullmoonya

Quote from: Ricky. on February 24, 2012, 06:57:50 AM
Can you explain little more like what kind of default options / settings you are looking for so that we can give you better advice.
i want to add a default option for all members in this path:
admin > administration center > themes and layout > member options

my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

Ricky.

May be I was not clear, what default option you want to add or it is that you want to change some setting there to be enabled / disabled by default for all ?

fullmoonya

Quote from: Ricky. on February 24, 2012, 08:29:27 AM
May be I was not clear, what default option you want to add or it is that you want to change some setting there to be enabled / disabled by default for all ?
i want to make an option for the display mode of personal message where the owner will choose if the owner wants to make the conversation mode to be default or other options in the pm display mode.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

hcfwesker

Quote from: fullmoonya on February 24, 2012, 07:00:46 PMi want to make an option for the display mode of personal message where the owner will choose if the owner wants to make the conversation mode to be default or other options in the pm display mode.

Now I'm confused a little.  Because you say you want to allow the owner to chose.  but theme options make it where the admin forces therm to use the settings you chose unless they manually change it in their own options. 

this option is already available for "owners" to chose in their PM settings.

fullmoonya

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 24, 2012, 10:04:37 PM
Now I'm confused a little.  Because you say you want to allow the owner to chose.  but theme options make it where the admin forces therm to use the settings you chose unless they manually change it in their own options. 

this option is already available for "owners" to chose in their PM settings.
not forcing the users. but to make it default setting for other members signing up in the forum. sorry for my english.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member settings ?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

fullmoonya

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 10, 2012, 11:21:02 AM
Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member settings ?
yes, in that page. I want to add additional setting like making the default display mode of personal message to conversation.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

Advertisement: