News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The future of SMF

Started by Norv, February 24, 2012, 07:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Please be aware that there is minimal/no support for any non-release version of SMF. If you run into an issue, you'll have to solve it yourself.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Tomy Tran

Quote from: Antes on September 25, 2014, 07:46:30 AM
You can download SMF 2.1 Alpha (Nightly) here

When I download this package, I find out I have one downloaded from June 24, 2013. It's seem that SMF has no more development plan? is this project stopped?

Antes

Quote from: Tomy Tran on September 27, 2014, 10:26:30 AM

When I download this package, I find out I have one downloaded from June 24, 2013. It's seem that SMF has no more development plan? is this project stopped?

Weird... I downloaded from same link and I got 26.09.2014 build (which is last push made by me), as I checked SSI.php it shows Beta 1*, if there is an error its from GitHub.

* Beta 1 not released officially we are preparing it just file name changes! You'll see official announcement about SMF 2.1 Beta 1 here.

gorbi

Quote from: K@ on September 25, 2014, 07:25:53 AM
Well... I guess the only way, would be to install it and take a look. If you have a test site, you could do that, fairly easily, I believe.

Or, I know of a live 2.1 site, which you could take a look at.

http://www.smfhelper.com/community/index.php
I looked at this site on the tablet. There's a lot of small elements for navigation.

NanoSector

Quote from: Tomy Tran on September 27, 2014, 10:26:30 AM

This might be more reliable in that case.
http://nanosector.ddns.net/builds.html

And an up-to-date test site...
http://nanosector.ddns.net/smf21
[/shameless self-promotion]

Quote from: gorbi on September 27, 2014, 11:06:01 AM
Well... I guess the only way, would be to install it and take a look. If you have a test site, you could do that, fairly easily, I believe.

I looked at this site on the tablet. There's a lot of small elements for navigation.
Can you post a screenshot and your screen resolution please?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kindred

test site self-promotion...
I am also running a test site at http://test2.turtleshellprod.com

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

digger

Quote from: NanoSector on September 27, 2014, 12:56:33 PM
Quote from: gorbi on September 27, 2014, 11:06:01 AM

Can you post a screenshot and your screen resolution please?

Try to get a finger in the items on a tablet or smartphone screen. Why not make regular buttons instead of text links and arrows?

Look here, for example

Arantor

You realise those 'regular buttons' are *also* just links, right? It's purely a styling thing, rather than anything else.

digger

Quote from: Arantor on September 27, 2014, 09:03:25 PM
It's purely a styling thing, rather than anything else.
Ok. But it's more usable styling thing then SMF default theme have.

Arantor

No disagreement from me, but I also know that the way SMF expands when you press the ... button makes this very much non-ideal to work with.

digger

Quote from: Arantor on September 27, 2014, 09:07:15 PM
No disagreement from me, but I also know that the way SMF expands when you press the ... button makes this very much non-ideal to work with.
Not sure that a lot of people use ... button. I don't know, why would I want to go to page 123 of 234 :). And I still need a lot of clicks to get to page 123.
Maybe, it's time to change this button to something new?

Arantor

It's not my place to say whether a lot of people use it or not. Fact is, it's a barrier to doing something with this as it currently stands.

Good luck convincing people this needs changing, though...

gorbi

Can make at least the Increase font?

Antechinus

Yes you can do that, but having lots of tiny stuff all over the place is traditional. :D

Beats me why it still has the text that says "Pages:". It's obviously a page index. Everyone knows how they work these days. That text is a waste of space.

Masterd

Quote from: Antechinus on September 28, 2014, 04:02:25 AM
Beats me why it still has the text that says "Pages:". It's obviously a page index. Everyone knows how they work these days. That text is a waste of space.

Gotta agree on that.

Arantor

Change is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. Your frustrations will be assimiliated.

(isn't that how it goes?)

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on September 28, 2014, 10:56:56 AM
Change is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. Your frustrations will be assimiliated.

(isn't that how it goes?)

no.

Arantor

Next time I will have to put a huge-ass sign saying "I'm being funny", yes?

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on September 28, 2014, 11:27:59 AM
Next time I will have to put a huge-ass sign saying "I'm being funny", yes?

no.

Arantor

You don't sound convinced.

Advertisement: