News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem with installing mods.

Started by pkrack, February 24, 2012, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkrack

Hi,
    I am running a forum at www.pkrack.tk/forum and was running smooth but today i was informed about an error with installing mods.
     When i download the mod, it is downloaded fine, then it passes the pre-install tests but when i click install, i get a "not found error by browser saying that page is not available.
       I checked the packages/temp directory and got that the package is unzipped in the directory but isnt installed.
       All files are correctly chmoded. Is there any mod with illegal filename? Last downloaded mod was named firewall which isnt installed. SMF is showing error with every mod. Any help / suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Oldiesmann

What is the exact error you're getting? Are you sure it's "not found" and not "Internal Server Error"?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

pkrack

Yeah. I am getting the browser's default not found page.

pkrack

I think no one gets his head on it. :-(

Kermit

If it suddenly happened,then you may want to contact your hosting provider regarding this issue
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

pkrack

Ok i will contact but It only happens when i am installing mod. More over the hosting is my own reseller and  i havent changed any thing. My other smf sites on same server are working fine

pkrack

The above error appeared when using opera, today i tried installing mod while using chrome and i get a message No Data To Load and an error "Error 314" . So can any one please tell how to solve this?

pkrack

If i help others, it doesnt mean that i dont need help :-(

pkrack

Thanks @Kermit for taking time for me. And thanks smf for such unhelpfull community. I dont know why all the helping staff illori , k etc are posting at themes which have been already solved but they havent helped me here. It was a great trouble but thanks God, it got solved

Kermit

Good to see that your issue is resolved,maybe you can explain how you solved your problem,so in future users can use the same way for resolving same issue
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

pkrack

I cleared cache , then went and manually uninstalled some mods which were uncompatible i.e affiliate mod , online offline mod etc . And it hopefully helped me. There is still a small problem that when i uninstall a mod, it isnt completely uninstalled but some code snippets in some files remains unremoved . I dont know how to solved that but as currently it isnt causing some serious problem currently so i am not focusing on its solution.

Advertisement: