Upgrade issues

Started by headguy, February 25, 2012, 09:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headguy

I'm running SMF 2.0.1 and SMF has taken over my admin area forcing me to upgrade and every link to upgrade takes me no where.

I'm not happy that SMF can change files on my website.

What's your position SMF?

I don't like the captha stuff here either

Kindred

We can not and do not "take over" nor do or can we change ny files on your site without activity on your part....

There is a news from SMF section which will flag and encourage you to update, but we don't change any files until you install the upgrade package.

And the link takes you to them upgrade package....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

headguy

I just uploaded SMF 2.0.1 and once again my admin area is paralyzed until I upgrade.

So if my admin pages are changed YOU had something to do with it.

headguy

If you want to go there and take a look I'll email you the user and password to get into the admin area so you can see for yourself.

busterone

SMF does not hijack or change files on any forum whatsoever. If your admin controls are locked, it is possible that your forum has been hacked, but not by SMF. 
The captcha will go away after a certain number of posts. It is there to deter spambots from posting.

mashby

If you sent us an admin username/password, then maybe we could take over, but that doesn't happen by itself (nor would I doubt SMF would take over). Yeah, the captcha isn't fun, but 10 posts isn't hard to achieve either.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

headguy

Well my SMF site is busted.
It displays but when I try to log in I get a message that it can't find the site at localhost 127.0.0.1

I do like the open source world but I'm not as smart as you guys.

I'll keep digging but all this started when my admin area went away.

Good Nite.

Your captcha thing, I had to cycle thru 4 before i could read them

busterone

A link to your site would help. Someone here can probably help, but we need some information to be able to do that.

Did you make any changes or install any mods immediately before you started having problems? 

headguy

I feel stoopid, as I fixed it.

The settings file has the 127.0.0.1 IP in there.

My feet are clay.

After I reloaded everything i got my admin area back.

Thank you for your help, I just needed a dope slap.

busterone

I was wondering about the local host part myself. Glad you have it fixed.

headguy

Yes I have the forum back but none of the admin functions.

my email: [email protected]

I would like to have some one take a look because I have all these upgrade links but they go no where.

URL: hxxp:www.pahrumptalks.com/smf/ [nonactive]

mashby

Well, your site is on 2.0.2 which is the latest, so there shouldn't be an upgrade option at this point in time.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: