My members complaining that Preview is Hanging?

Started by hallelujahal, February 25, 2012, 10:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hallelujahal

Some of my members are complaining the preview function (ie before sending the post) is hanging /not working. I'm totally new to this stuff, so am asking for help! Thing is it works fine on my pc ???
Can someone please advise me?
Many thanks, AL

kat

Welcome to the forum, hallelujahal!

Try disabling quick reply.

Does that stop it happening? (I've known this happen on a lot of sites, but I've not seen a fix, as yet) :(

hallelujahal

I don't seem to have quick reply enabled? Would that be an individual member option?
AL

kat

It's in your profile>Look and Layout Preferences.

hallelujahal

Thanks - will get my guys to try it and see what difference it makes!
AL

kat

As I said, I haven't seen a fix, for this.

Apologies, for that. ;)

hallelujahal

Nope - still hanging on 'Fetching Preview' apparently. Would browser make a difference?

hallelujahal

Both IE9 & Firefox giving the same hang on 'Preview' - really struggling here to make it out?
AL

distante

hallelujahal

hxxp:www.accordionforum.co.uk [nonactive]

distante

Cool site,  I mean, I'm kind of musician too (and I work in a Recording Studio as sound engineer )

In the other hand, do you have some mods (for register users) that add any .js file? or jquery script or so? Because I find out that too many js scripts can collapse the main functions of smf, Just a few weeks ago I installed BBC Spoiler (that uses a jquery js file) and the quick edit doesn't work.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Is this still an issue? Any errors in your logs?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: