I screwed up my forum - errors after trying to install a mod

Started by MaSSSS, February 28, 2012, 10:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaSSSS

Hello guys. Even if Im new at this forum, Ive been around leeching files and exploring your content.

Looks like I wanted to much, so I browsed mods, and was doing installs from ones I liked or needed.

Everything went alright, until recently.

Namely I tried to add a mod called Facebook Slide Like Box 1.4 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3128

Dowloaded it, clicked install mod, and no errors reported, so I checked additional themes for this to be installed and hit the magic install.

So, it reported installed and all of the sudden page reidirected and got white screen with line saying that I have unexpected end on some line in /Sources/Load.php

Ouch, that sounded like big trouble, I tried fixing it, tried restoring backup file, but no dice. Now Im getting error

Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /forum/index.php on line 72

It just keeps spining me around in circles, and I saw that I screwed up big time, and theres no way I can fix it, since I dont know anything about PHP and how smf works.

Thats why I hope you guys will try to help me.

I'm running  smf 2.0.2 with adk portal 2.1.1

Its hosted on site5.com, php 5.3, apache 2.2.21, mysql 5.x

I have Forum firewall and bunch of security mods installed, aswell as social plugin mods, aeva media 1.4w, SA KBase..etc

Link to my forum http://sexyuclan.net/forum/

And no, stupid me, I haven't made backup since I'm kinda short on storage space there. There is some .tar in /forum/Packages/backups named "2012-02-28_before_fb_slide_box_1.tar.gz" I tried to download and extract but it says that archive is corrupt or unexpected end of archive.

If anyone can help I can offer you a drink, and sincere thank you, other than that Id just make it from scratch until I learn ( the hard way )

If you need any more info let me know.

Note that this is clan forum almost two years old, and I tried hard to make it look and function as it was until I screw it up, so please once again, kindly help me.

//MaSS

Jeremy M.

Quote from: MaSSSS on February 28, 2012, 10:23:34 AM
Hello guys. Even if Im new at this forum, Ive been around leeching files and exploring your content.

Looks like I wanted to much, so I browsed mods, and was doing installs from ones I liked or needed.

Everything went alright, until recently.

Namely I tried to add a mod called Facebook Slide Like Box 1.4 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3128

Dowloaded it, clicked install mod, and no errors reported, so I checked additional themes for this to be installed and hit the magic install.

So, it reported installed and all of the sudden page reidirected and got white screen with line saying that I have unexpected end on some line in /Sources/Load.php

Ouch, that sounded like big trouble, I tried fixing it, tried restoring backup file, but no dice. Now Im getting error

Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /forum/index.php on line 72

It just keeps spining me around in circles, and I saw that I screwed up big time, and theres no way I can fix it, since I dont know anything about PHP and how smf works.

Thats why I hope you guys will try to help me.

I'm running  smf 2.0.2 with adk portal 2.1.1

Its hosted on site5.com, php 5.3, apache 2.2.21, mysql 5.x

I have Forum firewall and bunch of security mods installed, aswell as social plugin mods, aeva media 1.4w, SA KBase..etc

And no, stupid me, I haven't made backup since I'm kinda short on storage space there. There is some .tar in /forum/Packages/backups named "2012-02-28_before_fb_slide_box_1.tar.gz" I tried to download and extract but it says that archive is corrupt or unexpected end of archive.

If anyone can help I can offer you a drink, and sincere thank you, other than that Id just make it from scratch until I learn ( the hard way )

If you need any more info let me know.

Note that this is clan forum almost two years old, and I tried hard to make it look and function as it was until I screw it up, so please once again, kindly help me.

//MaSS

What's your site URL?

Jeremy M.

Quote from: MaSSSS on February 28, 2012, 10:34:17 AM
Quote from: StormChaser83 on February 28, 2012, 10:32:09 AM

What's your site URL?

Figured I forgot that so I edited my first post.. its sexyuclan.net/forum/

Line 72 doesn't make any sense to me, honestly. . . .  Have you tried going and re-downloading the Theme you have, and overwriting just that file?

NanoSector

Quote from: StormChaser83 on February 28, 2012, 10:52:51 AM

What's your site URL?

Line 72 doesn't make any sense to me, honestly. . . .  Have you tried going and re-downloading the Theme you have, and overwriting just that file?
It's not the theme, it's the index.php file which controls and sets up the place.

Can you attach the file in your next post?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MaSSSS

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 28, 2012, 10:55:13 AM
Quote from: StormChaser83 on February 28, 2012, 10:52:51 AM

What's your site URL?

It's not the theme, it's the index.php file which controls and sets up the place.

Can you attach the file in your next post?

Sure, Im attaching both Load.php and Index.php and Load1.php which is Load.php after this last mod edited it.

MaSSSS

Was just wondering...in case this is hard to, or cant be fixed, is it safe to extract original 2.0.2 install and overwrite everything, and also reupload themes in same manner?

Then I can reainstal mods one by one, and settings should be there for some, as there are entries in database.

Sure this will be final step if nothing else can be done. So is this going to work?

MaSSSS

Quote from: Illori on February 28, 2012, 12:30:59 PM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Ok thanks for that, but will I be able to reinstall mods again and keep most of their settings, and will I lose any forum post, gallery item or KB article?

Illori

anything stored in the database which most of that is will not be touched at all.

MaSSSS

Okay Im on it since I see nobody wants to fiddle with the code.

Why do I need large upgrade package and full install as described here? http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Do I need to combine both of those in one folder and upload that to forum? And should I run install.php or not? Or remove install files too same as upgrade files.

Illori

the install would override some important files that you need to keep that are not in the large upgrade package.

MaSSSS

So I need large upgrade pack only and not full install package? And just remove upgrade files upload them to forum and pray it works :)

NanoSector

Quote from: MaSSSS on February 28, 2012, 02:29:03 PM
Okay Im on it since I see nobody wants to fiddle with the code.
There's nothing to fiddle with since the code in question is just the default SMF code..
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MaSSSS

ok heres what Ive done

- backed up database and downloaded to my home pc

- backed up packages I had so I dont have to DL them again

- backed up themes I had and downloaded to my home pc ( custom themes not default ones )

- downloaded large upgrade pack, deleted upgrade files and folders avatars, and attachments ( zipped back to archive )

- uploaded archive to forum root and extracted, checked chmod ( all dirs are 755 / files 644 )

Whats next?

floridaflatlander

Don't forget the attachments folder?

When you're done, upload files and run update.php if it lets you and run repair_settings.php

MaSSSS

Quote from: floridaflatlander on February 28, 2012, 03:31:35 PM
Don't forget the attachments folder?

When you're done, upload files and run update.php if it lets you and run repair_settings.php

Oh but Ive been told to delete all of those which I did. And I tried to open sexyuclan.net/forum/ and got this

Warning: require_once(/home/sexyucla/public_html/forum/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sexyucla/public_html/forum/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/sexyucla/public_html/forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/lib:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sexyucla/public_html/forum/index.php on line 43

Attachments and avatars folder is intact, as they were.

So I need now update.php and repair_settings.php?

Illori

you should follow the directions on the link i gave you which does not tell you to remove any files. which you did. put your settings.php and settings_bak.php files back on your server.

MaSSSS

Quote from: Illori on February 28, 2012, 03:39:24 PM
you should follow the directions on the link i gave you which does not tell you to remove any files. which you did. put your settings.php and settings_bak.php files back on your server.

QuoteFourth
    remove most of the files
    Delete everything in the forums directory except for the settings.php file and the attachments and avatars directory.

Which I did, and now Ill restore those two

Advertisement: