News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Moving Calendar Linked Events

Started by IamJaysta, March 01, 2012, 07:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamJaysta

Hello,

I am running the default theme and recently downloaded an event registration mod for my site.  The linked event only shows at the top of the event post.  Usually there's a lot of registrations, so I would like to move it to the left side block section.

Can some one instruct or direct me on how to do this?  I am new to this whole coding thing, but have a lot of years in experience in regular HTML designing.

Thanks in advance!

Robert.

Please attach Display.template.php and I'll move it for you. :)

IamJaysta

*snip*

TheListener

@IamJaysta

Can you please add the requested file as an attachment and not as a post otherwise it makes it harder for the person to assist with this.

To attach to a post download the file to your desktop then using the attachments in the posting area click on browse and attach the required file.

This attachs the file to a post.

Illori

i have removed the code pasted above as it does not fit in a post and was not complete. as requested above attach the file to your next post.

IamJaysta

Thanks a lot!

Atached is the template.

Please let me know how you did it as well.  I am trying to learn.

IamJaysta

I guess, I posted the attachment too late.  Can some one else assist me with this?

Thanks!

IamJaysta

Or is there another a reference site that I can learn myself.  Please let me know know.  Thanks!

Kays

Hi, since SMF has no side block. You must be using a portal.

It should be possible to move the code from that page to a portal block.

Ask at the support site for the portal you're using.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

IamJaysta

No one is assisting me with this on simple portal.

I simply just need to know what coding to cut out and apply it to the simple portal.  Please let me know.  I have attached  and researched for the past 3 days with no luck.

Kays

I don't have SP to test with but the code to move is from lines 133 to 374 in the file you attached.

Try copying that to a side block and see what happens. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: