Unwanted users are logging in on my website and Posting

Started by mithun, March 02, 2012, 12:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mithun

Hi team,

My website is www.technicalmyths.com. On my website many unwanted users logs and add theirs posts and looks like a SPAM.

Please help me to stop them adding unwanted posts and login

I am loosin my reputation because of this...

I am deletin almost 100s of their posts daily..

Badly need helpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

floridaflatlander

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=377031.0

Make sure your captcha pic is medium or harder, have a good question targeted at your users, also I use honey pot, stop spam(I think that's what it's called and bad behavior)

Lawrence Wright

Creating forum questions will prevent a lot of bot registrations, and using plugins like StopForumSpam and ProjectHoneyPot will pick up on the known spammer IPs. What anti-spam modules are you running?

mithun

it does not look as a spam. they are registerring and then adding their posts which is irrelevant on my forum.

My website is www.technicalmyths.com

members name will be like dfsasnfdf

I have added bad behavior, but with no use :(

Please Help!!!!

Thanks and Rgds,
Mithun Jain
www.technicalmyths.com

Kindred

1- there is no need to keep posting your site.   Doing that could be considered spam.
2- users registering and then posting content unrelated...   is spam.
3- add "human questions", bad behavior+HttpBL and stop spammer.
4- require posts by new users to be moderated/approved.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

abbey4biz

Hi,

please i have similar problem. can you write in details how and where to get this anti-spam plugin or how to include captcha and the likes to prevent these spammers.

thanks in advance.

TheListener

Go to the Customize link at the top of the page.

Modifications.

Advertisement: