Hosting 2 sites, accidentally overwrote old site with wrong version of SMF

Started by fropleyqk, March 02, 2012, 08:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fropleyqk

Hi all. Admittedly, I am not too good at this stuff. Im hosting 2 sites, one of which has been up for almost a year: wrjeepclub.com [nofollow]. I host through godaddy. I accidentally uploaded SMF 2.0.2 to it. I was running SMF 1.1.16. I restored everything to a day earlier through GD's FTP File Manager Restore feature but only get :"Unknown column 'a.attachmentType' in 'field list'" When I go to the URL. If I go to http://wrjeepclub.com/ [nofollow] I get a database error....

I have a backup (through SMF) saved on my desktop. But no idea where to go from here....

Help!

Illori

you need to run the upgrade.php script or you ran it already so you need to restore a backup of the database or just upload the 2.0 files.

fropleyqk

Quote from: Illori on March 02, 2012, 08:54:21 PM
you need to run the upgrade.php script or you ran it already so you need to restore a backup of the database or just upload the 2.0 files.
How? I didnt run upgrade.php. I was thinking if I just loaded a fresh copy of 1.1.16 and restored my backup Id be good...? Not exactly sure how to get 1.1.16 loaded either.

BL: I had a very functional working version of 1.1.16. Accidentally loaded 2.0.2 on top of it and cant undo the damage....

fropleyqk

fropleyqk

after reading I was able to generate a more specific error:

Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/78/8010078/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 739

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.16, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Again, I restored everything to an earlier version in GD's FTP file manager but it looks like my database was upgraded. How do I get it back to 1.1.16?

Illori

as i said before you have to use a backup or you need to stay at the 2.0 files to go with your upgraded database

Advertisement: