News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moving the forum bugged topics

Started by rekatluos, March 03, 2012, 10:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rekatluos

I moved my forum to a new host ,the database imported succesfully , i moved all the files and edited the permissions like the new installation says (though its not a new installation ,i used that cause i didnt know all folders that needed permissions) .

Everything looks good except for one thing ,when i enter a topic,theres nothing there AND the avatars dont show (though the folder has permissions and the files are uploaded as they should be ) .

Does it need to be uploaded in ASCII or binary ? I used AUTO on my ftp cause thats what usually worked (the forum was in maintenance mode too ) .

Though the topic doesnt show anything ,if you click new reply (you know that under the chat window you see other peoples replies etc ) you can see the topic replies as they should be . (ONLY when you press new reply)

I added some attachments so you can have an idea on whats going on ,i hope you can help xD .

rekatluos

kat

You may be on to something, when you say "Does it need to be uploaded in ASCII or binary ? I used AUTO on my ftp cause thats what usually worked". You don't say which FTP client you use. If it's Filezilla, you definitely want the transfer type set to "binary", NOT "auto".

rekatluos

tried with archive and all the possible ways of uploading (now you can see avatars) so the transfer type is ruled out .

the only problem there is now is that you cant actually see the topic content

EDIT:  it happens to new posts too,i just created a test post and cant see its content

rekatluos

bump ,help please

this are the errors i get in general logs ->
[Sun Mar 04 17:36:04 2012] [error] [client 89.46.220.92] SoftException in Application.cpp:249: File "/var/www/clients/client2/web3/web/index.php" is$

[Sun Mar 04 17:36:04 2012] [error] [client 89.46.220.92] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.darkshare.ro/tutorials-help$ [nofollow]

kat

Those errors smack of permissions.

Firstly, try going to Admin>Packages>File permissions and setting that to "Standard".

If that doesn't help, I suspect that you don't have full ownership of the files on your site.

This is similar to the CHMOD thing that we're all used to, except this is CHOWN and it'll be down to your host.

To save hassles, in the future, you should ask them to disable "mod_security" too.

rekatluos

i fixed it , the problem was in the Display.Template due to a mod i had installed (the weird thing is that before the moving it worked perfectly)

thx for help anyway ,now i have another problem (ill post another topic though to keep it on topic) .

Advertisement: