News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Help] I get this error sometimes

Started by Nitesh Kunnath, March 05, 2012, 01:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitesh Kunnath

Please help me here !!!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/die2mrw/public_html/forum/cache/data_e8ff1abea713cbd5b1fbdbdcf05ae2d5-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

What exactly is wrong here ?
I get this error when I post something in a topic

I further investigated on the file mentioned in the error and below is the exact content in Line 1

<?php if (!defined('SMF')) die; if (1330927603 time()) $expired true; else{$expired false$value 'a:385:{s:10:"smfVersion";s:5:"2.0.1";s:4:"news";s:137:"[b]Welcome to GizmoLord Forum[/b] :)

Kermit

I would suggest you regularly to run AdminCP -> Forum Maintenance ->  Empty the file cache  or you can totally disable the cache option,i think this would not harm your site at all

AdminCP -> Server Settings  -> Caching -> Caching Level  (No caching)
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Illori

it will just cause their site to be slower due to turning off the cache, but at this time there is no better solution to this issue.

also if you cant access your forum due to the message, you can delete the files in your cache folder using ftp.

MrPhil

If clearing the cache doesn't clear up the problem, I can see that the line is cut off in the middle. There's no ending '; on the $value assignment, nor is there a closing } on the "else" clause. Other content may be missing, too. Something seems to have gone very wrong with the cache. If it keeps messing up, leave it turned off.

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Illori on March 05, 2012, 05:49:31 AM
it will just cause their site to be slower due to turning off the cache, but at this time there is no better solution to this issue.

also if you cant access your forum due to the message, you can delete the files in your cache folder using ftp.
Can I delete all the files under this cache folder ? Will it affect the forum ? I mean, will my forum get dead or pop out some errors ?
I know these files are just a cache files and deleting it wont effect anything to forum but still I just wanted to clear it and dont wish to take any risk ;)

Illori

the cache is regenerated so deleting the files in it, will not hurt anything.

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Illori on March 05, 2012, 01:17:39 PM
the cache is regenerated so deleting the files in it, will not hurt anything.
Ok, thank you...I will delete all the files inside the folder "cache"
Thanks for the help everyone :)

Advertisement: