News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Menu Editor Lite

Started by Matthew K., March 06, 2012, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

That'll all be supported in Menu Editor Pro :)

djohns

Will this mod support user-defined groups?  I'd like to display certain menu buttons only for two of my user-defined groups.

Also, can I attach a code snippet to the button?

Thank you.

Matthew K.

Yeah...if you read the previous pages. The full version will support anything you could think of to do with the menu. All default buttons have their SMF associated permissions and membergroups, however custom buttons are not able to take upon any of those yet.

What kind of code snippet? Not descriptive enough.

Thanks for using it :)

mdj

Great mod, it has cured my headaches with the menu situation regarding SMF, one thing though is on my site when I recieve a personal message the pop up box appears letting me know about the private message, but there is no number next to the messages link on the menu which is kinda frustrating really, any Ideas?

Many thanks

Mike
SMF Version: 2.0.1

Matthew K.

It doesn't include the count in the menu...

NanoSector

Is there any way of making buttons for the mod?

I mean, someone could of just add a kind of compatibility to their mods if they feel like doing so, by adding the "error="skip"" thing onto the edit.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Sure, people can definitely hook into Menu Editor by adding rows to {db_prefix}menu_items. That's the point, a whole new menu system that's modification is driven by the database.

I can't wait for you guys to see the full version, really.

mdj

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 15, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
It doesn't include the count in the menu...

thats a shame, could it be easily modified to allow for the count?
SMF Version: 2.0.1

Matthew K.

AlkaSeltxer

Fantastic mod. Haven't had any problems. Did notice one little thing, the dropdown menus have no background, they are transparent while in the Menu Editor settings page.

It would also be nice to see the ability for 3rd level menus, like Admin>Logs>(list of logs here). Didn't see anyone mention that.

I would love to see this project grow. Specially since I don't think SMF will ever implement a menu editor into the system even tho it's been requested forever.

Great work.
~Josh~
Over 16 keyboards lost to raging.

Matthew K.

Thank you, good to hear. Not encountered that issue before...?

Third level menu items can be created.

Based on the feedback I have received, it looks like there is fairly large demand for the full version, although I'm still not quite to the point where I believe it'd be worth all of my time to finish it.

And SMF will most likely implement a menu editor in the future, but who knows, it could be the pro version of this if it goes well.

AlkaSeltxer

Maybe caused by TP or the custom theme, Argentum2.

Are you saying the ability to create 3rd level items is already there, or are you saying it could be added into ME at a later time? Cause if the ability is already there, I can't seem to find it.

Yeah, they probably will... probably 1 day before the end of the world. :P I certainly hope you get the response you're looking for, I do understand the time involved and not wanting to sink it into something hardly used.
~Josh~

Matthew K.

Third level menus already exist. You modify a child button, and at the bottom is that child buttons children, with a button to add more children to the child :P

AlkaSeltxer

Oi, you gotta be kidding me... I don't know how I missed that one. My bad.

That did however lead me to find an issue...
When I click on, say, 2 Children in the Children column, it creates a menu element that likes to pop out anywhere on the page, over text, over images etc, that is dragable has no background, and renders any other links other than its own non-clickable. You can see in the attached image. I'm guessing some kind of style issue?
~Josh~

Matthew K.

It sounds like you have a CSS problem on your site itself. Can you try running repair_settings.php and making sure the Menu Editor CSS file was added?

What is repair_settings.php?

AlkaSeltxer

Made sure the css file was there, all good. Ran repair, successful. Didn't fix it.

Went into the code for main.php and changed:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $settings['theme_url'] . '/css/menu_css/main.css" />
to a direct path like so:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'http://www.*******.com/forum/Themes/argentum_enhanced_smf20final/css/menu_css/main.css" />
And that fixed the children pop out. Didn't fix the background-less menu dropdown issue I mentioned in my first post.

I made sure the css was in both the default theme as well as in my custom theme directory before I made the manual edit of the code. Any idea why I would need to do that?
~Josh~

Matthew K.

Did you check to install the mod on your custom theme during the installation?

AlkaSeltxer

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 19, 2012, 06:42:50 PM
Did you check to install the mod on your custom theme during the installation?

Didn't give me an option to with this one. I'll try installing it again and see what it does.
~Josh~

Matthew K.

It should have, so that's probably the issue. The other issue is most likely theme related.

AlkaSeltxer

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 19, 2012, 06:49:05 PM
It should have, so that's probably the issue. The other issue is most likely theme related.

I did this time around.
Argentum2
Extract Tree    ./Themes/argentum_enhanced_smf20final/images/menu_images
Is it missing anything?
~Josh~

Advertisement: