Connection problems

Started by FLORAMARILLA, March 07, 2012, 09:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLORAMARILLA

Hi,

I am writing to ask you for help, because since yestarday I have not been able to enter my forum.
It says:

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Suki

Welcome to SMF

It may help if you provide some more info about your issue, perhaps your forum url and host you're using.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

FLORAMARILLA

Suki

Well, you're using a free hosting, chances are that your server has some issues and that's why SMF cannot connect properly.

Ask your hosting about this.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

FLORAMARILLA

Fanfusion said they didn't host this.

I haven't been able to enter for 2 day, I'm getting the same message, please tell me what to do, because I want my forum back!!!!!!

Suki

So, your own host says that they aren't hosting your site?

There is not much you can do except changing your host, free hosting often comes with limitations.

FLORAMARILLA

Yes, they host my website, I think they meant that they didn't host the forum. Please give me a useful answer, you have to know what to do in such cases.

Illori

if your host will not give you, your files and database there is nothing we can do to help you.

and this issue is an issue with the server so there is nothing we can do to help you further.

Suki

The error isn't SMF related, that is, the problem is not SMF, is your host who has issues and SMF cannot connect with your database.

That is why I told you there is nothing you can do but to change hosting.

Feel free to ask in your Native language support board: Español (Spanish)

FLORAMARILLA

Well, in Cpanel I added a new user to my forum database and in the file repair_settings.php I added the new data. The problem is that only the index page appears,if I click on something, for example "register" it says that the page could not be found. Why?

Suki

Use the repair_settings file to change your urls, your main url is domain/forum/  but all of your urls are domain/

FLORAMARILLA

It's okay now,but now I can't enter the forum with my old username.

Suki

If you used a brand new database, then you must log in with the account that you created when installed SMF, the old account isn't available anymore.

FLORAMARILLA

I forgot the password of the database I created while installing SMF. How can I get it?

Suki

Take a look at your Settings.php file, that file contains your database info.

FLORAMARILLA

It contains the dates of the new database and I need the password of the old one. It said "root"

Suki

Then check in your host panel.  on your host panel you should be able to change the password of the old database with a new one.

FLORAMARILLA

in Cpanel you mean?

I tried it,but I need the old password to create a new one...

Suki

You can create a new user with a new password and then add this new user to the old password with all privileges.

FLORAMARILLA

In repair_settings.php I set the new mysql username and password, but I can't enter the forum with them. I need to find a solution,because I'm the administrator. Which username shall I use to enter??

When I installed SMF I registered with another name and made myself administrator. Then I deleted the profile of the user I set in SMF installation. As I saw,the other users can enter,so I don't understand why I cannot enter.

Advertisement: