News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mobile Device Detect

Started by emanuele, March 07, 2012, 02:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBG

Hi,

What is the best theme to run with this?
To work on both iPhone and Android.
SMF version: 2.0.7

Regards,
Garry

Dylert

I want to install this mod, but I don't know which theme is the best to use along with the mod. Any suggestions?

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Dylert

Which theme would you use, Emanuele?

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

omgitsbob12

Is it possible to add support for several mobile devices?
For example:
iPhone, iPad and iPod get sent to theme 1
Androids get sent to theme 2
And the rest send to theme 3

Like the way SMF4iPhone mod kind of works but it's outdated.

drfun

Quote from: eric1234 on August 20, 2012, 03:45:31 PM
Weird, sometime it is on mobile mode while sometime it is not. For example, I am at the main page of the forum and was in mobile theme , then when I enter some random board, suddenly it back to the normal theme instead of mobile theme.

Anyway, how can we include a mobile button at the bottom of the forum? Is it suppose this mod or theme?
I am also having the same issues, when i visit my site on a mobile device, it actually detect the mobile theme,that is the Home page. Then when i want to navigate to other section of the site, such as clicking on the forum link, or clicking on any of the board or post on the Home page, it just revert to the desk top theme.

Please is there a way of fixing this?
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Quote from: omgitsbob12 on August 09, 2013, 11:36:21 AM
Is it possible to add support for several mobile devices?
Yes, the code allows that, but is not implemented. At the moment I don't have time to implement it, if you want to write the code feel free to. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

drfun

ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

HRM

Hello,

I did a search an cannot find any topic related to this issue so here I go.

Just installed this great mod (Mobile Device Detect 0.2.2 ) on fresh SMF installation.
Now everything works fine,  on mobile device too as long as user is logged in.
But when visitor with mobile device is a guests it will still show the default forums layout (e.g. a Blue one named BlueRain) and not do the trick of showing the intended mobile theme.

I have testforum installed here: http://www.muziek4um.nl/testforum20
Feel free to check. It should show the mobile theme which is black,white and red with really big fonts.

Where can I change that behaviour?
Details:

- SMF 2.0.6
- SimplePortal 2.3.5.
- Further no other mods installed and no errors either.
- Installation package flawless went fine, no errors.
- Also checked all necessary files manually and everything seems there where it should (according manual installation process)

Thanks in advance.

Ed.

NOTE:
Additional to above it would be handy if this Mod would be able to forward mobile devices to URL so it could be forwarded to the e.g. wap versions of smf.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

margarett

Just tested with iPhone and I see the black, white and red theme ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

HRM

Ohhh.. really? Then must be something wrong with my android phone (Samsung S2) ... Thanks for checking and replying.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

HRM

Quote"Guest issue" solved.  Worked after I deleted phone cache +  forum cache.
Weird.  ::) Cause had cleared phone's cache before.
Anyway.. works!

Sorry but ...In fact it looks  like its not really working properly cause I have to empty the forums cache all the time to see the correct theme.  :(

Is that something with my phone or my host?

Im not to experience with mobile things.

"Additional note:
When it opens this URL in 2 different phone browsers (Androids default and Chrome): http://www.muziek4um.nl/testforum20/index.php?wwwRedirect.

Any idea?

margarett

The wwwRedirect is because you have configured the forum URL with www and you are accessing it without, or vice-versa.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

HRM

Ok Tnx. I can agree with that,  i was confused. And sorry for late reply.
+
Wanted to comment it also works on smf 2.0.7.  And ran it with the package manager.

Thanks again!

emanuele

Quote from: HRM on January 12, 2014, 10:43:15 AM
Im not to experience with mobile things.
Neither am I... and I can't debug it, so no idea... sorry.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

von COLLINZO

I'm gon try this mod out....though I already use wapmod, and it has the the mobile device detection attached in the source... nice one man :)

GamePersia

Anyone Will Update This Mod ??... :P

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: