Upgraded vom 1.07 to 2.02 - Unable to load the 'main_above' template

Started by LordDvinn, March 08, 2012, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordDvinn

Hello all,

i am trying to reactivate an old forum. It was sucessfully upgraded from V 1.07 (RC1) to 2.02. But now i get the error  "Unable to load the 'main_above' template"

I tried the solution URL\index?theme=1 - same error
Deleted the default theme and copied it again - same error

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
--Lord Dvinn

Bigguy

Wow, really, lol. From 1.0.7 that's cool. Did you install any mods or anything prior to this. If not You can use the large upgrade pack, upload and overwrite the files on your host and that should help you out.

LordDvinn

Hi,

thank you for your quick response.

I just uploaded all files from the large upgrade package again with option "overwrite", but no luck. The error is still the same :-(

Best Regards
--Lord Dvinn

kat

Are you uploading the files with Filezilla, by any chance?

If so, try it, again. But, before you do, change the "Transfer type" to "binary", not "Auto", which is the default.

Filezilla's weird, like that. ;)

LordDvinn

Thank you,

but i double checked the setting and did a new upload, but still the same error :-(

Best Regards
--Lord Dvinn

---Fixed typos

Illori

Bigguy

Can you check ownership of files and folders. Maybe apache has taken over some files or folder which would make it unable to update those. Ask your host to check this for you unless you know how to look in ftp for it.

LordDvinn

Quote from: Illori on March 08, 2012, 05:39:05 PM
did you run the upgrade.php script?

Yes. I did run it in verbose mode and it finished without errors.

Quote from: Bigguy on March 08, 2012, 05:45:52 PM
Can you check ownership of files and folders. Maybe apache has taken over some files or folder which would make it unable to update those. Ask your host to check this for you unless you know how to look in ftp for it.

I have checked some directories and the timestamps and filesizes are equal to the downloaded package. The fileowner seems to be ok. I did a new upload of all files in the upgrade package with "binary" and "overwrite everything" and got no errors.

Where is the information saved, what template it loads? - Perhaps there is an error.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
-- Lord Dvinn

kat

File ownership is something that you need to ask your host about.

We're not talking the familiar CHMOD command, here. We're talking CHOWN.

LordDvinn

Quote from: K@ on March 09, 2012, 05:18:46 AM
File ownership is something that you need to ask your host about.

We're not talking the familiar CHMOD command, here. We're talking CHOWN.

I know the difference ;-). I am very familiar with windows, but I have a basic understanding of *nix, too. I will ask my hoster. Who should be owner of the files?

Best regards
-- Lord Dvinn

Illori

LordDvinn

Thnx, I have asked my hoster to check and change the ownership, if needed. I will come back with the response and result :)

Have a nice weekend

Best regards
-- Lord Dvinn

LordDvinn

Hi,

I got the forum loading again. I found the position where the error is generated:

It is in the load.php:

function loadSubTemplate($sub_template_name, $fatal = false)
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $db_show_debug;

if ($db_show_debug === true)
$context['debug']['sub_templates'][] = $sub_template_name;

// Figure out what the template function is named.
$theme_function = 'template_' . $sub_template_name;
$fatal = 'ignore';
if (function_exists($theme_function))
$theme_function();
elseif ($fatal === false)
fatal_lang_error('theme_template_error', 'template', array((string) $sub_template_name));
elseif ($fatal !== 'ignore')
die(log_error(sprintf(isset($txt['theme_template_error']) ? $txt['theme_template_error'] : 'Unable to load the %s sub template 111!', (string) $sub_template_name), 'template'));

and inserted the line $fatal = 'ignore';

now the forum loaded without theme and I could login and change the theme to the default theme. Now it loads with theme :-).

But I still get the following error:
   "The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text."

I think that the directory setting is correct please have a look on the screenshot. There seem some descriptions missing too.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
--LordDvinn

kat

There seems to be a lot of text missing, too.

Can I suggest you try this?

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

That should check all your paths.

LordDvinn

Thank you,

the path errormessage has gone now, but still the descriptions for many options are missing:

Best regards
-- Lord Dvinn

kat

Still strikes me that you have that ownership problem.

Has your host got mod_security enabled, by any chance?

LordDvinn

Hi,

I have no reply from my hoster atm. I hope i will get it tomorrow.

Thank you for your help - I will come back with the response.

Best Regards
-- Lord Dvinn

LordDvinn

Hi,

I found the error... there were several files from the language directory missing ... I think I removed them myself, when i tried to track down the first error and forgot, that they were deleted  ::)

I found a hint on a missing file in the errorlog :-) -now all descriptions show up.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Best Regards
-- Lord Dvinn

Advertisement: