Unable to Use Package Manager

Started by ybn1197, March 09, 2012, 09:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ybn1197

I'm having problems updating the forum through Package Manager. When I attempt to upload a Package, I receive a HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request. This happens whenever I try to upload a package from the desktop, by FTP'ing the package into the Package directory, or directly downloading it from the URL. The only way to clear the error is to FTP to the site and delete the package manually.

• When I attempt to upload the package from the desktop, this is the error in the error logs:
    hxxp:www.baydragons.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=upload [nonactive]
    You did not select a package to upload
  • When I attempt to download the package from a URL, I get:
    The package you are attempting to install is missing the package-info.xml that must be in the root package directory.
  • hxxp:www.baydragons.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=download;byurl;e8b3627e2b1=772b2af585623c388e35eea86ed4be128 [nonactive]: Undefined index: packageFile: /home/administrator/public_html/baydragons/Sources/PackageGet.php
    Line: 570
  • hxxp:www.baydragons.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=download;byurl;e8b3627e2b1=772b2af585623c388e35eea86ed4be128 [nonactive]: Undefined index: packageFile: /home/administrator/public_html/baydragons/Sources/PackageGet.php
    Line: 592
  • hxxp:www.baydragons.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=download;byurl;e8b3627e2b1=772b2af585623c388e35eea86ed4be12The [nonactive] package you are attempting to install is missing the package-info.xml that must be in the root package directory
This is my personal server so any changes that need to be made, I can do. This is a fresh install of the software but the SQL is from a pre-existing site that closed. I imported the SQL through phpMyAdmin. Everything else on the site seems to be working.
What I have done so far and things of note:

• Verified that Themes are not a problem. There is only one theme installed and that is the default.
    Permission on Packages and Packages\installed.list are 777. I even create a new subdirectory called temp and the permissions are 777.
  • Ownership of the directory is administrator/root. My login account is administrator.
  • I've tried multiple mod packages. All have the same error.
  • I've tried changing the package permissions to 644 and 777, same problem either way.
  • ANYTIME I go to Package Manager > File Permissions, I get an Internal Server error. I think that is probably the core of the problem but I don't know where to fix it.
Any help in this is appreciated. Even pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Until this is resolved, I can't upgrade or install any mods and the Spammers are killing me  >:( At least I have it set to approve registrations.
If no one lived to tell the tale... how is the tale being told?

Oldiesmann

Check your server error logs to see if there is any additional information about those "Internal Server Error" messages. If you don't see anything there, I'd recommend contacting your host about the situation.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

zg4me

Are you running IIS on Windows?

Rick

ybn1197

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 09, 2012, 12:05:49 PM
Check your server error logs to see if there is any additional information about those "Internal Server Error" messages. If you don't see anything there, I'd recommend contacting your host about the situation.
This is the error keeps appearing:
[error] [client 162.129.251.25] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/administrator/public_html/baydragons/Sources/Class-Package.php on line 615
Should I replace the file with another copy?
Also, this is my personal server. I am the host. There is no one I can contact except this board.  ;)

Quote from: zg4me on March 09, 2012, 12:20:54 PM
Are you running IIS on Windows?

Rick

No. I am running Apache 2 on Ubuntu Server 10.04.

ybn1197

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 09, 2012, 12:05:49 PM

Thanks Oldiesmann for setting me on the right path. I checked /Sources/Class-Package.php and found the file size was nearly half of what the original file was. I renamed it and uploaded another copy. Everything appears to be working fine with Package Manager now.

Advertisement: