Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

It was working fine 2 or 3 days ago
but when i installed welcome topic it went down
i tried deleting tht mod from ftp but no luck
How can i fix?

I installed welcome topic on other forums and nothnig hhappend but not it did

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What happens if you try to access the package manager? Do you get any errors?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mstcool

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you have access to your server's error log? Most white pages will leave some sort of error in the log.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mstcool

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That varies from host to host, but most commonly you would access the errorlog through your hosting control panel - such as cPanel or Plesk.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Mstcool

Well on my forums error log i have this and it said today
http://prntscr.com/6wjq3

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's unrelated I believe. It would be good if you could see the server error log.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Mstcool

Like you said in my cpanel
i have serversfree.com and cant find it

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

can't find the error log in your cpanel, or can't find the cpanel?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Mstcool

THe error log

and i found error pages but its something else
http://prntscr.com/6wjyf

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

OK, There is a chance that you may have a an actual file on your hosting account that stores the errors. Could an errorlog.txt or errors.log or similar.
If you can't find something like that either, then it might be you need to ask your host if you have any access to your error logs.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Mstcool

Mstcool

They didnt have it
so i found this file in my ftp

Btw where it said /home/Something right i wrote My_number beside the number k?

EDIT: I like added another index.php file to ftp
so package manager gets fixed but Simpleportal isnt there and some other errors
but if i remove index.php and keep the old one then its fixed but package manager doesnt come
atm i removed the new index.php
so what now?
i gave the error log underneath this

EDIT: Would you like to see my index.php file?

Mstcool

Fixed for now lol
i MIGHT have a new error soon lol

Mstcool

And its back!
i just installed um
Descriptive links
and BOOM! it went away and now its blank

Kermit

Does it just happen with one mod or with all mods ?

Call to undefined function  top_connect() in /home/u184613230/public_html/index2.php

For example this error tells something with about index2.php file ,but smf doesn't have such file,as i got something is wrong with your index.php file,you may want to attach your index.php file to your next post,so we can have a look
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Mstcool

There
and i try installing some mods but it gives me the same error so more then one mod

Kermit

I think the problem is not somehow with index.php,because i used your index.php on my local site,package manager worked normally,error messages were saying index2.php / install.php ,do you have such file in the main directory of your site ?
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Mstcool

oh i think i was checking something and i might forgot to delete it
i rem i installed a file name install.php
i will check and tell u in my next post or edit this

Mstcool

Advertisement: