News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Big error with package after 1.1 upgrade

Started by alchemyx, August 26, 2005, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchemyx

I just upgraded to the 1.1 beta and everytime I install a package, it SHOWS that it goes through the installation correctly, but none of the changes are ever made, then, if I try to install another package, or uninstall the first, I get this message
" You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory is not writable!"
but the packages directory is at 777...

so, to fix this, I have to log out of the forum, and chmod the packages directory to 644, then go back into the forum packages area, see that no packages are there, chmod the packages directory back to 777, and then refresh to be able to install another or uninstall the first... then it goes back to giving me that dumb message again...

" You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory is not writable!"

d3v

same error. any fix?. upgraded 1.03 to smf 1.1

JayBachatero

Try adding a dir called Temp inside Packages and chmod it to 777.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Elmacik

And additionally, you should note that there is a known bug in RC1 about packages. It extracts out empty files. So, if your mod needs some files to be placed somwhere, you need to manually extract and put the file there.
Home of Elmacik

d3v

The 777/Temp dir trick didn't work

This happens with every package that I try so even if there's a known bug with some of them it wouldn't affect all of them.

any other tricks? searching the forums as we speak

DaRE

Hello. I have exactly the same problem. Just installed a mod and can't uninstall it after.

Edit :
I'm on a fresh install of SMF 1.1 RC1

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: