News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Keep Spaces After Words in Censor Function?

Started by Drover, March 07, 2012, 12:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drover

I'm using the censor function as contextual ad link inserter like here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468806.0

The problem I'm having is that it also replaces the keywords within BBC Code. I had thought to fix the issue by simply adding a space after the keyword when i added them to the Censor function, but when I save them SMF removes what it sees as extraneous spaces.  Can someone please tell me how to stop it from removing the spaces?

Thanks in advance.

Drover

It works for what it's supposed to do.  It fixes the keyword censor in titles.  It doesn't fix the BBC issue.  The problem is that if there's a keyword inside of BBC, it replaces it so you get code inside of code.  In other words, it shows up as a garbled mess.  :-\

admirable

Ensure that the mod that you install is compatible with your SMF Forum Version.!
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!

Drover

Quote from: admirable on March 08, 2012, 04:05:40 PM
Ensure that the mod that you install is compatible with your SMF Forum Version.!

This is not a mod issue. I'm trying to figure out how to make a change to SMF's built-in Censor function!

admirable

Quote from: Drover on March 08, 2012, 04:25:47 PM
Quote from: admirable on March 08, 2012, 04:05:40 PM

This is not a mod issue. I'm trying to figure out how to make a change to SMF's built-in Censor function!

Okz... If you will succeed then inform all of us.....
My Website| JA Technologies
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!

kat

Quote from: Drover on March 08, 2012, 03:43:42 PMit shows up as a garbled mess.  :-\

Most of my posts look like that! ;)

I wonder if there's a way of using the censor thingy, but incorporating the [nobbc] Tag, somehow?

I'm just off to bed, now. I'll have a further think about this, in the morning. :)

Drover

Quote from: K@ on March 08, 2012, 04:58:20 PM
I wonder if there's a way of using the censor thingy, but incorporating the [nobbc] Tag, somehow?

I'm just off to bed, now. I'll have a further think about this, in the morning. :)

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with that tag.  I'll have to take a look at it.

Drover

K@ - I've been playing with it and can't seem to figure out a way to get nobbc to do what I need.  I really think the stripping spaces thing is the answer.  I'm sure there's a simple line of code to remove someplace to fix this.  :P

kat

Only thought I have is that you can set the censor to "Check only whole words:".

That, I'd've thought, would make it ignore spaces.

Drover

Quote from: K@ on March 13, 2012, 07:50:27 AM
Only thought I have is that you can set the censor to "Check only whole words:".

That, I'd've thought, would make it ignore spaces.

Nope.  Already have that checked.  That doesn't do it.

kat

Advertisement: