How do I allow multiple users to register from the same computer in the settings

Started by vNEXX, October 22, 2008, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vNEXX

Hi,

I am wondering how I can allow more than one user to register from the same computer.

BillyBob31

Do you mean same email. Because when I had my admin account and then I made my tester account it wouldn't let me make a second account using the same email. It allowed me to make a second account on same computer just not same email. So is your question how can you make an account using the same email? If not then try using a second email for the second account.

vNEXX

vbgamer45

Edit Sources/Subs-Member.php
Find and remove

// Make sure they didn't just register with this session.
if (!empty($_SESSION['just_registered']) && empty($modSettings['disableRegisterCheck']))
fatal_lang_error('register_only_once', false);

Or insert into the smf_settings table
variable "disableRegisterCheck"
With value of 1

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BillyBob31

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 22, 2008, 10:07:13 PM
Edit Sources/Subs-Member.php
Find and remove

// Make sure they didn't just register with this session.
if (!empty($_SESSION['just_registered']) && empty($modSettings['disableRegisterCheck']))
fatal_lang_error('register_only_once', false);

Or insert into the smf_settings table
variable "disableRegisterCheck"
With value of 1

What exactly will this change? Only that they can register with same email? or more?

vbgamer45

Just allows someone to register multiple accounts in the same session on their computer.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BillyBob31

Sweet, If that's all it does nothing more major then I will remove those lines as well. (And as long as it wont cause errors)

Gà Mái

-- I love SMF --

Advertisement: