News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Database Conflict

Started by MACattacksports, May 13, 2012, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACattacksports

Hi,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Error message appear after posting new comments or going into the Admin Section and trying to update function.

The error message is Database Version 1.1.8 is not current with latest updated version while SMF version is 1.1.16.

I have tried all available updates and upgrades that I can see.

Thank you

Colin

Welcome to SMF,
Sorry to hear you are having some trouble. You can simply upgrade forum files to 1.1.8 to match the database version. Here is a link to the download: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=290608.0
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

MACattacksports

Hi,

Its still greek to me....

My Version

SMF Package 1.1.16
Sources 1.1.16
Templates 1.1.12
Language 1.1.15

It says the database is 1.1.8 but its not listed on Version Check

The moderator that use to update my site has left the site unmanaged and I have
never made a change to the site or unzipped something thats not listed on the site
itself.

The link that is listed above I don't know how to use because when I clicked it
the file was saved to my documents on my computer and didn't auto start.

Im less than a newbie, Im a novice newbie!  lol

Any other additional help would be greatly appreciated

John

MrPhil

The files are already at 1.1.16. It's the database that's backlevel due to improper upgrades.

In the Large Upgrade package you should find an upgrade.php and one or more .sql files for the upgrade. Upload them to your site and run upgrade.php. It should modify the database to the current level. Be sure to read the instructions, and also back up your current database (before starting) just in case something goes wrong.

MACattacksports

Hi,

I'll have to have some have someone do it for me because I just don't understand how to do it.

Thanks.

John

Colin

Feel free to post in the Help Wanted board to solicit paid or free assistance.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

MACattacksports

Thanks for the suggestion for the Help Wanted Board

Advertisement: