How do I get rid of coding stuck at the top of my forum?

Started by CS Sentinel, March 18, 2012, 02:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkrack

Smf should hide the delete button for installed mods as in wordpress as it is causing troubles for newbies

Illori

no we should not, there are valid times that users need to be able to delete their mods, and by restricting that we will get a ton more support requests then we get for those that accidentally use the delete button.

pkrack

So then placing the button at a side will be helpfull. As it resides with [list files] and [uninstall] so the chances of accidental hits are more[/list]

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Please - Let's keep this topic clean and free of any more offtopic, so the OP can easily get back to the issue at hand when they can.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

CS Sentinel

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2012, 07:35:33 AM

Quote from: CS Sentinel on March 18, 2012, 03:06:56 AM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2012, 03:03:10 AM
Quote from: CS Sentinel on March 18, 2012, 02:41:59 AM
Hey Guys, I recently started using SMF and I think I may have made a mistake by "Deleting" the "Add Warning to Visitors" mod BEFORE uninstalling it and now the code is stuck above the main logo at the top of the page.
Reupload the deleted package to your /Packages/ folder, and the package manager should be able to uninstall it then.

Yes it did uninstall it, however the coding is still showing at top of my forum above my logo, check it out:  (www.thecssentinelrelicforum.net)  It is hard to see unless you highlight it with your mouse pointer

Also, the OP does not know their FTP credentials, hence we are waiting for them to find the info and get back to me.

Thank you Lex for your help in solving this problem!!!   ;) ;) ;) ;)

pkrack

Advertisement: