Banned Members still in Members List

Started by LeSammie, March 19, 2012, 09:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSammie

I recently had a problem with spam users signing up (hopefully solved -for now- with a newly installed mod) and as a result have 400+ bogus user accounts on my forum. Even after banning the users, some of them still show up in my memberlist (not the one in the admin panel - the general one). I am currently not allowing regular users to see the memberlist as I don't want them to see 400 fake accounts, but I would like to clean up the list. I don't want to have to ban AND delete all of them individually as this involves many clicks. Is there a reason why permanently banned members aren't automatically "deleted" from the memberlist? Is there a quick way to ban and delete? Thank you!

skatzi

Thats mainly the only way your going to get them is by deleting.

busterone

Bans are set by username, ip, email, or a combination of them all, but it doesn't delete them from the memberlist. If you click on the banned member's names to view the profile, it will show that member as banned. If you want to delete them, you must do that manually. There is not a function to delete and ban at the same time, unless someone has written a mod that I am not familiar with.

LeSammie

Okay, thank you busterone. I was afraid that was the case but I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. It just seems like there should be an option when banning to also delete the user at the same time. Oh well, I'm fairly close to getting it to a manageable level again.

Advertisement: