News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.16 to SMF 2.0.2 Upgrade Help Needed

Started by Garrett, March 29, 2012, 10:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett

I need help upgrading the forum on my Ford Model T discussion club.

While upgrading, I deleted ALL the SMF 1.1.16 files and folders in the /forum directory. Then uploaded the ones in the conversion pack or Large Upgrade thingy.

The quote belows shows what the forum gives me while trying to access it after upgrade.

Warning: require_once(/home/tlonline/public_html/forum/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tlonline/public_html/forum/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/tlonline/public_html/forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tlonline/public_html/forum/index.php on line 43

Please Help! Any help is appreciated.
Owner, Garrett's Websites
Website Designer and proud SMF User since 2010

Looking

Why did you delete all your files? You also deleted your settings it seems which is needed to find your database, etc. Do you have a backup?

Garrett

Yes, I have a backup. However, it's in ZIP format.

Looking

Pull out your settings.php from that and put it in the root of where your SMF is located and see if that helps. Beyond that I don't know what you did and which files were deleted / need to be replaced / restored.

Garrett

I am going to start all over from scratch. I did not delete the MySQL Database, so it may bring up my forum that was saved on the MySQL Database.

Garrett

The Install for the new forum didn't work. Going to have to delete the existing MySQL Database. Not good, as my work will be lost.

I do, however, have a backup from the old forum. Is there anyway I can get the backup to work on the new forum and new MySQL database?

Looking

Why do you want to delete your database if all you did was overwrite your files???

Just upload your backup zip of the files and everything should work again. Anything else you can Email me if you need service.

Garrett

Where do I go in the administrator panel to upload the backup file?

kenber

<snipped by K@>

Advertisement: