News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

Quote from: Abavagada on April 29, 2019, 09:48:04 PM
I installed this on SMF 2.0.15 and it installed fine. I can add events and post them on the forum.

It sounds like people should be able to sign up for the event, but I can't find how that is done.

Clicking on the event from the calendar lets a person edit the event, but not sign up for it.

Am I missing something?
Check the following:
Start date is later than today;
Maximum places is greater than 0;
'Event registration close' value allows registrations after today; and
One or more membergroups are selected.

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Abavagada

Thanks GL700Wing! I hadn't seen those options under the posting of the event.

PoML

I have created an archive that allow the installation of this mod in SMF 2.1 RC3.
It consist of the same features as the regular version 0.19 but with the addition of the autosuggest option in this thread for adding guests.

No guarantees whatsoever - somebody with more knowledge on this could probably add some improvements...

-edit by Kindred-  As the original mod does not have a clear Open Source license which allows modification and redistribution, the attachment had to be removed. --

PANIC12

Hi, I updated my forum and had to reinstall this mod. Now it shows everyone's name who registered for an event twice. I'm assuming there is a line that needs to be deleted somewhere, but what file/line would I need to edit? Thanks!

Kindred

You have double installed...   so yes, you need to remove the duplicate code.

On the mod page is an option to parse the mod. Do that to view the file edits
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gavin Chatt

Loving this mod, huge thank you for your time and work.

I was however hoping to locate a wording I could replace on the boards and whilst I've had a look I've not be able to make the change. Can anyone advise where I can make the change where is reads Comment

I'm wanting to replace this with Car No. & File as an example.

Regards
Gavin Chatt
Austeam Founder
http://austeamracing.com.au

GL700Wing

Quote from: Gavin Chatt on January 04, 2021, 03:09:27 AM
Can anyone advise where I can make the change where is reads Comment

I'm wanting to replace this with Car No. & File as an example.
In ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php add the following line to the end of the file:
Find:
?>
Add Before:
$txt['register_mod_commentHeader'] = 'Car No. & File';

You could change the text for this string further up in the file (ie, the line created when the mod was installed) but that will result in an error if you later try to uninstall the mod.

Due to the fact language files are read from top to bottom this is the approach I always use (ie, adding my own custom text string at the end of the file) plus I insert a comment before the line I've added to indicate that this is a custom text string I added and which mod it was for.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Gavin Chatt

Thank you GL700Wing, really appreciate your help and this mod :)

Worked like a charm, again thank you :)
Regards
Gavin Chatt
Austeam Founder
http://austeamracing.com.au

MisterVertigo

Hello all! I recently upgraded my forums from an older 2.0.X version to the latest 2.0.18. This mod worked just fine before the upgrade, but since then it is not quite working correctly. I can create a new event and the registration form appears on the thread, but when I click the "Sign Up" button nothing seems to happen. The Batch Signups seem to work, and all the old threads that had events on them still have their data.

Has anyone else used this with 2.0.18?

PoML

Quote from: MisterVertigo on November 19, 2021, 08:33:31 PMHas anyone else used this with 2.0.18?

Both for 2.0.18 and 2.1.RC?, you will need to do some updates.
I tried to distribute it a year ago, but it was removed by a moderator.
I don't know how to do it the proper way despite asking here several times.

Kindred

You were answered

Quote from: PoML on October 26, 2020, 12:37:56 PM-edit by Kindred-  As the original mod does not have a clear Open Source license which allows modification and redistribution, the attachment had to be removed. --

There is no legal way to resdistibute the mod, Because there is no permissive license defined
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

you can not redistribute the mod, you can however post directions of what changes need to be made
ie
find
code goes hereadd before/after or replace with
code goes here

MisterVertigo

Quote from: shadav on December 06, 2021, 02:02:28 AMyou can not redistribute the mod, you can however post directions of what changes need to be made
ie
find
code goes hereadd before/after or replace with
code goes here
I'd love to have instructions on making this work in 2.0.18 or later if someone has the time/ability. Thank you!

PoML

Quote from: Kindred on December 05, 2021, 11:07:35 PMThere is no legal way to resdistibute the mod, Because there is no permissive license defined

I managed to get in contact with pftq by email and he was positive to set up some licence terms that would allow others to keep the mod maintained. However, he did not know how to give that info...

@Gary - can you help?

Quote from: pftqReceived 9. May 2022, 09:08 (7 days ago)

Hi, who do I contact to give my permission? If you can provide an email or link, I'll go ahead and look into it.  Thanks

Gary

Have them PM me confirming that they're allowing you to take over the mod or be assigned as a second author, but I need to know specifically which choice of the two.

Alternatively if they want to add a license, they can upload a new package to the mod site, with a license.txt file and define one that allows redistribution. They can look at other mods/themes that have license to use as a reference point. I wouldn't need to be notified about the package has been updated, the site will display the license terms for all.

Note that the license wont be retroactive, meaning it will only apply to the version of the mod that has the license terms in them, so for example, if it was added in 2.0, then any 1.0 version is still forbidden from being distributed for example.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Diego Andrés

When it comes to contact, they can alternatively just send a PM to the Customization Account, which results in the same, but in case Gary isn't available at a specific time, someone else will see it.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

BugginIn

Morning all,

Love this mod but now on 2.1.4; has anyone got it to work on 2.1 yet?

Mod Owner - any chance a 2.1 update is coming?

Thank you,

Bugginin

Kindred

since, AFAIK, the original author never contacted us with a specified license -- probably not.
Слaва
Украинi

BugginIn

Quote from: Kindred on November 29, 2023, 11:05:57 AMsince, AFAIK, the original author never contacted us with a specified license -- probably not.

Ouch, that sucks...

PoML

I do have it working, and tried a couple of times to get approval to post it.
I think that process stopped in red tape - it was too much hassle.  I sent a new email now, maybe we will have more luck this time over.

Advertisement: