Automatic Newsletter for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, March 31, 2012, 12:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

It's one of the lesser known improvements in 2.0 was the addition of it. There were a couple of mods that added a sort of scheduling system however those have a tendency to overlap and not be as reliable as SMF 2.0's.

littlenicki

Okay, I see it depens on functions only available in 2.0. Thanks so though guys!
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

Sulfur

is there a way to change the style of the newsletter page?

HoverClub

Not currently, but the next release will allow the CSS style block to be edited in the SMF language editor.

crustybum

Help...tried to install and got this...now lost forum completely

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare scheduled_newsltr() (previously declared in /home/content/c/r/u/crustya/html/theforum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php:1871) in /home/content/c/r/u/crustya/html/theforum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php on line 1976

HoverClub

Looks like you've installed the mod twice (or over an old version installation)?  If you can't access the forum then you should edit the /home/content/c/r/u/crustya/html/theforum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php and remove the duplicate function scheduled_newsltr()

OR

... using an FTP client or your web host control panel's file manager) :

1. make a duplicate of file /home/content/c/r/u/crustya/html/theforum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php (call it whatever you like)

2. delete the file: /home/content/c/r/u/crustya/html/theforum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php

3. rename the file /home/content/c/r/u/crustya/html/theforum/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php~ (NOTE the tilde char at the end!)
as
ScheduledTasks.php (NO tilde)

4. then remove the newsltr mod manually by editing the files (see mod download page).

Sulfur

Quote from: HoverClub on August 07, 2012, 10:09:37 AM
Not currently, but the next release will allow the CSS style block to be edited in the SMF language editor.

awsome, can't wait for it, my forum have  theme and I would like to make the newsletter like the forum theme

crustybum

Many thanks, tried 3 times now to install this excellent mod but its not having it :( each time its messed up, have restored the forum now but its left the actual "subscribe" tab at the top which wont work obviously because i have removed the mod O:) ...how can i remove it? (i have this working perfectly on another site BTW

HoverClub

See the mod page and clicke the parse button (manual install instructions) and remove all the stuff listed that was added by the mod in the various files.

AS I said, it looks like it's installing over a previous unsuccessful install which has left various parts of the mod.  If you remove the bits above then it will work OK

Sulfur

hi mate, where do I change the CSS? i already installed the new version but theres nothing on my Themes/default/languages folder...

HoverClub

Admin->Configuration->Lanuguages->Edit Languages->English->edit Languages Entries -> select "Modifications"
... and find the string newsltr_email_style

Sulfur

hi there, sorry to be bothering again but is it possible to add images in the newsletter?

I wanna add the forum logo in the top and take out the name, is it possible? sorry but I suck ate webdesign lol

HoverClub

Quote from: Sulfur on August 19, 2012, 01:06:25 PM
I wanna add the forum logo in the top and take out the name, is it possible? sorry but I suck ate webdesign lol
You already have the forum logo at the top (the newsletter will include the current them logo if one is specified - otherwise it uses the forum name)?

Sulfur

hmmm so when it send the newsletter it will have the logo? or it will be send just like in the preview?

my forum have a logo but somehow it didn't showed in the first newsletter

HoverClub

Your screen dump shows a logo top left?  Check Current Theme->Theme Options and Settings->Logo image URL

Sulfur

my theme don´t have logo, only manual... when I change to the old theme (smf theme) the logo appears in the newsletter but when I change back to my theme the logo disappear...

well I guess i can't have all but this mod is really awsome, good job with this

Horseman

I have a problem with the back  link when i subrscribe or unsubsribe

the link goes to http://www.site.com/index.php?action=forum

i have installed PortaMX Portal and my forum is "community" http://www.site.com/index.php?action=community NOT forum

Gruß Horseman

PhpOpenChat Support Portal: http://www.phpopenchat.de

HoverClub

Sorry - not a lot I can do about it I'm afraid - your site hasn't got a standard SMF forum display.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: A.SK on July 23, 2012, 12:56:15 PM
Newsletter from the My Forum Name received in my mailbox only for the first time.

I have installed the mod on 1st july 2012 and selected weekly option for the newsletter.

Received the 1st newsletter only on 7th july 2012.

2nd newsletter not received to any subscribers - 15 july 2012

3rd newsletter not received to any subscribers - 22 july 2012

Now the forum is showing the next newsletter due on 29 july 2012

19 people are subscribed

Preview newsletter button had not showed the preview even once from the day of install.

Kindly assist admin.

Still my problem exist admin. Even yesterday it showed next newsletter on 30th aug. But no mails in my inbox. In schedule everything including newsletter is properly send on time and i notice a log there also.

Kindly assist. 59 people are subscribed and also preview shows empty error page.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

luuuciano

Quote from: HoverClub on April 16, 2012, 02:11:09 PM
Double compression probably.
Admin->Configuration->Server Settings->General and clear enable compressed output option should do the trick.

This continue being that way? we have to put the global forum compression off, to have the newsletter one working?
I mean, there is no workaround? it is nice to have compression on the forum and not just on newsletters, lol
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: