News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Automatic Newsletter for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, March 31, 2012, 12:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoverClub

403 is probably a file access permission error on your server.

fotografo74

naijacrux

this is just what i have been looking for, thanks . i already have 7000members, please how can i automatically subscribe them to the newsletter instead of them doing it manually. some dont want to subcribe. i am the admin of my website

fotografo74

Quote from: fotografo74 on February 04, 2015, 05:27:45 AM
Thankd for this Mod!
I have a problem with portal block ( SimplePortal): when i add the new php block i have 403 error page...
Thanks
Antonio
Now i use EZ Portal and i have not 403 error, but i have the same problem, in PHP block nothing shows, i have PHP error code...

luuuciano

Have you seen the cpanel errorlog? and/or the phperrorlog file accesible via ftp?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

fotografo74

Quote from: luuuciano on March 12, 2015, 04:49:40 PM
Have you seen the cpanel errorlog? and/or the phperrorlog file accesible via ftp?
I have not erros in Apache log error, related to this mod...
i have this error in Php block "ezBlock unable to run PHP syntax error!"

arielvered

Thanks for this mod.
I have put in on my forum and tested it and it is working as desired.

Is there any way I could automatically subscribe all of my existing members?

Site: http://amyloidosis.org.uk/forum/

Thanks,
Ariel

iain sherriff

Quote from: tassie73 on July 09, 2012, 06:48:13 PM
This is the script I am using for the subscription list.

Still need to add a link to it from the admin page, but at the moment it does the job I am after.

<?php
$con 
mysql_connect("db server name","db username","db password");

mysql_select_db("db name"$con);

$result mysql_query("SELECT * FROM smf_hcb_newsletter");

echo 
"<table border='1'>
<tr>
<th>Email</th>
</tr>"
;

while(
$row mysql_fetch_array($result))
  {
  echo 
"<tr>";
  echo 
"<td>" $row['email'] . "</td>";
  echo
"</tr>";
  }
echo 
"</table>";

mysql_close($con);

?>

Just save it and add it to your forum root directory and away you go!

Could extend it to add in the members name also by adding in the extra field if you wanted to. Simply add in the extra table data lines. If you want a hand with that too, let me know.

Cheers

Chris

So if I want to get
real name
and
member group

as well as email , what do I need to add ?

Thanks
SMF 2.0.12

MESWEB

I moved SMF to new hosting and have problem with subscription sending time. Before worked fine and sending news only one per week when I moved and start forum the newsletter has sending news everyday. How to fix this bug?

MESWEB

Don't use this mod. This mod mess Your db and try send message to deleted members. If You have this mod then new member have account with subscription. When any member delete account then his email has been delete from smf table but not from Newsletter table. This mean when somebody delete account then still receive messages from Your board.

HoverClub

It doesn't "mess" any SMF db.  It sends a newsletter to anyone subscribed as a guest - it works with guests as well as members?  They can unsubscribe by entering their email address any time they want.  If you've deleted someones account and  don't want that to happen then delete their email address in the newsletter mod config page.

Kindred

well - technically, you probably should add something into the delete user routine which also removes them from the newsletter.

While I understand the even guests can subscribe to the newsletter with this, one can assume that - when a user's account it deleted, that the user also wishes to be removed from the newsletter.  So, the mod should clean up after a deletion.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MESWEB

@Kindread that's what I want to say.

Kindred

yes... but the way you said it was accusatory and rude (and coming from me, that should tell you that it was probably inappropriate :D)

This mod does not "mess the database". It does exactly what it says that it will and does a good job of it. The only thing is a possible issue with the function of deleting a user...  which should probably be addressed, but as long as it's documented, at least people know what they are getting into.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bixby

Hello:

Thanks for the mod and continued improvements. I am not sure if my situation applies to many others but I would like to request that the Upcoming Events on the newsletter only show events that the user can see. We have lots of events on our board and although most of them occur in Public Venues, there are some that occur in private venues. It would be safe if the calendar entries were only harvested from a guest permission security. The users on our forums cannot see private events on the calendar if they do not have permission to the board the the event is posted in. It would be great if the newsletter could follow that model.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Matt
Life is Short; Play Games!

Kindred

Do you realize how complicated that would be to code?

It's one thing to check a user's permissions when the user is logged in...   
getting and matching a user's permissions during a newsletter send would be a major issue.
(and, on a large board, could potentially cause your site to overload)
Слaва
Украинi

Bixby

Quote from: Kindred on December 16, 2015, 03:47:56 PM
Do you realize how complicated that would be to code?

It's one thing to check a user's permissions when the user is logged in...   
getting and matching a user's permissions during a newsletter send would be a major issue.
(and, on a large board, could potentially cause your site to overload)

I think an easy work around is to select which boards are included (Much like the new posts setting). Just a thought from a non-technical guy...
Life is Short; Play Games!

libengine

Hi all,

I've got the problem that this mod sends its mails with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit" in the header.
It should be UTF8, according to the boards and user's language.
Did I mess something up?

Ciao,
Holger

libengine

Quote from: libengine on April 10, 2016, 03:15:00 PM
I've got the problem that this mod sends its mails with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit" in the header.
It should be UTF8, according to the boards and user's language.

Sorry for that post. I'm not a RFC-expert.  ;)
"Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters" in Forum Maintenance/Database solved that problem.

Ciao,
Holger

arielvered

Quote from: MESWEB on June 11, 2015, 04:29:35 PM
I moved SMF to new hosting and have problem with subscription sending time. Before worked fine and sending news only one per week when I moved and start forum the newsletter has sending news everyday. How to fix this bug?
I am having this problem as well, only I didn't move to new hosting. I didn't see it addressed.
Right now I am having the fun of turning the mod off an on manually everytime we want to send a newsletter.

Advertisement: