Login Error

Started by smychiu, April 01, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smychiu

Hi,

I just recently installed my forum and whenever someone (even the admin) tries to login, we get an error

Sorry, you are out of login chances. Please come back and try again later.

Any way to fix this? Thanks

kat

Try deleting your browser's cache/cookies.

smychiu

I notice that I can adjust my own cookies so that it isnt a problem, but many of my users are having this issue as well.

NanoSector

Hi there!

To what value is the number of login attempts set?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

smychiu

I've been trying to look for this number! Where can I find it!

NanoSector

Hmm, I can't tell right now but you can do a search at the index page of the ACP.

Try the Admin button, then somewhere in the top-right corner there's a search form.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Quote from: smychiu on April 02, 2012, 10:23:16 AM
I notice that I can adjust my own cookies so that it isnt a problem, but many of my users are having this issue as well.

Might be worth you going to Admin>Server settings and renaming the cookie, then.

NanoSector

Quote from: K@ on April 02, 2012, 11:58:43 AM
Quote from: smychiu on April 02, 2012, 10:23:16 AM

Might be worth you going to Admin>Server settings and renaming the cookie, then.
Oh, of course, that function also exists :P

Try that first before going on patrol in your ACP for the other setting.

smychiu

Ok, i think that problem is fixed.

another problem im having now is that whenever someone tries to register for my forum, they get this message,

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I haven't touched anything related to registration, any suggestions of what I should look for to solve this issue?

kat

Got a URL, so we can take a look?

smychiu

ok i just reinstalled my forum. everything works. thanks!

kat

Advertisement: