News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Re: My Thoughts on Features for SMF 2.1

Started by Sverre, April 02, 2012, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sverre

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 30, 2011, 06:46:42 PM
Okay, I'm out of the house and when checking this topic I decided to actually test it on my iPhone.

Results:
- Clicking a menu with no children will result in going to that link immediately
- Clicking a menu with children will not take you to the parents URL.
- To go to a link, when the item has children you have to double-click the parent element.
- Tapping / Click makes no difference to the result.

I just checked this on my Android, using Opera Mobile or the native Froyo browser, and the submenus are definitely not working properly for me. So hopefully, this will be looked into for the new 2.1 theme.

Matthew K.

Might want to report a bug, or post in bug reports. So someone on the team with Android can look into it.

Kindred

it actually works perfectly for me on my Android....  (HTC Incredible II)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

Quote from: Sverre on April 02, 2012, 01:10:37 PM
I just checked this on my Android, using Opera Mobile or the native Froyo browser, and the submenus are definitely not working properly for me. So hopefully, this will be looked into for the new 2.1 theme.
Go clone the repo and see if it is still broken! :P
(I'm not joking the menu in devel is already "slightly" different from 2.0 ;))

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

Tested the menu thing with Android 4.0.3 on a HTC HD2:

1. INSTANTLY goes to the button associated. Doesn't give you the option to select sub-buttons.
2. Pressing Back brings you to a page where the sub-buttons are opened.

Anyhow, I agree with all of the OP's statements :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kindred

really....   I wonder what the difference is with my android then, because that's not the behavior that I see....     ODD....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthew K.

It's Android, who knows :P

* Labradoodle-360 runs away with his iPhone

NanoSector

* Yoshi2889 runs away with his iPod touch
It has the same behavior as lab's iPhone.

kindred, what version of android are you running?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Not if we're running different iOS versions :P

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 03, 2012, 02:04:35 AM
Not if we're running different iOS versions :P
Yeah but the overall behavior remains the same.
I'm running iOS 5.1, for anyone's interest.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

NanoSector

Quote from: Kindred on April 03, 2012, 09:23:20 AM
Android 2.3.4
Yeah, back when I was running 2.3.3 (I guess) it worked like yours. So it indeed is a difference in OS.

Matthew K.

Maybe we should split this topic...it's gone off topic for a while.

Antechinus

Yeah split the Android stuff out to a new thread. Not sure where to put it right now, but we should keep an eye on drop menu behaviour on mobiles. It's odd that Android seem to have reverted some very useful stuff.

NanoSector

Since this is moved I assume this is fixed for 2.1?

emanuele

I hope so, since the top menus are clickable even if they have childs the root cause of the problem should disappear.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: