News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Twitter Slide Box

Started by Adrek, April 03, 2012, 02:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrek

I'm using also FF (latest version) and don't have any problems, and if I can't reproduce this error I don't think that I can solve this.

This is very simple mod, it only displays what Twitter sends, so I don't think that this is caused by mod, it's most likely caused by JavaScript from Twitter.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

ozbob

Thanks for your reply.  I am playing around with the cache settings on FF12.  I have  turned on memory cache with -1 setting.  Seems to be OK at the moment.

Yes, I think it is something peculiar to with FF12.  I have noted there have been some reports on the web of some different behaviours with FF12 on redirects and things.

Regards ..

ozbob

Think I have found the issue. Nothing to do with the mod or the js.  It was a proxy server issue.  Suspect not quite right, changed it and the mod seems fine.

8)

JeneeB53

Is there a way to sticky the box at the top of a page, rather than having it follow as I scroll? Some users have mentioned it overlaps with part of the threads (they must have very small screens, as it looks fine on my laptop).

rubenbb

I just installed Facebook and Twitter Slide boxes, as admin, I can see both boxes working fantastic.... as guest or regular member of the forum I achieved show them facebook box only, activating in the admin panel the permissions for it ('Facebook Slide Like Box' Category -->  'Display Facebook Slide Like Box' option activated)...... the problem is with the twiter box....I can´t set anything cos there is no option for it in the admin panel....  why?

SMF v2.0.2
hxxp:www.foronexus.com [nonactive]
Thanks

JeneeB53

You have to go into permissions and turn it on for each member group. I think that we had to activate it for all of our member groups  - Regular members, guests, and Admin/Mods in order for it to display for everyone.

Adrek

whoops.. somehow notifications didn't came at my email ::)

Quote from: JeneeB53 on June 14, 2012, 06:24:30 PM
Is there a way to sticky the box at the top of a page, rather than having it follow as I scroll? Some users have mentioned it overlaps with part of the threads (they must have very small screens, as it looks fine on my laptop).
I will do something about it in next version, but now don't have much time to deal with this, so it may take awhile :|

@rubenbb, JeneeB53 is right, you have to set permission for each group.

ryan_dwight

i dont know if i missed something on settings or installation but i only see on the slide box the one that i tweeted in the twitter.com but the topics created in the forum wont auto feed in the box.

JeneeB53

Quote from: phantomm on July 16, 2012, 02:25:41 AM
whoops.. somehow notifications didn't came at my email ::)

Quote from: JeneeB53 on June 14, 2012, 06:24:30 PM
I will do something about it in next version, but now don't have much time to deal with this, so it may take awhile :|

No problem, I'll keep an eye out for the next version!

PopsicleStickChick

Possible to display this for a twitter list instead of a single twitter account?  Might be some helpful coding here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=485285.msg3398347#msg3398347
www.grubesismyleader.com

An Internet forum dedicated to a former board operator at a Dallas sports talk radio station

Adrek

PopsicleStickChick

www.grubesismyleader.com

An Internet forum dedicated to a former board operator at a Dallas sports talk radio station

JeneeB53

I'm getting this error:

getimagesize(/home3/royalins/public_html/forum/Themes/SMF4Mobile/images/TwitterSlideBox/default.png) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directoryFile: /home3/royalins/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-TwitterSlideBox.php
Line: 54

I do have the mod turned off for mobile users, but this error is in my log a lot, so the mod doesn't seem to be detecting mobile browsing very well- at least not from a smart-phone.

NanoSector

Copy the TwitterSlideBox directory from Themes/default/images to Themes/SMF4Mobile/images
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Adrek

I have this fixed in next version (if image is not in current theme dir, SMF loads image from default theme), later i will update package

PopsicleStickChick

www.grubesismyleader.com

heartbreakers

It doesn't work anymore. Did Twitter update something? I just get a blank box now.

ozbob

Quote from: heartbreakers on June 17, 2013, 11:14:34 PM
It doesn't work anymore. Did Twitter update something? I just get a blank box now.

Yes,  mine stopped as well.

Twitter has changed their widgets which has made a lot of these type of mods non-functioning  ...

Adrek

I'll check it later today

Burke ♞ Knight

Even twitter's own widgets to add to a site don't work anymore.
So, that could mean an end to having tweets shown on sites. :(

Advertisement: