Please tell me what my forums missing!

Started by Acrodox, April 07, 2012, 12:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acrodox

Ive had it for 3 days and IDK its really hard to get members. Can you tell me if im missing anything? The theme is a custom one I made. Ideas on getting more people to join?  Url: http://forgesoft.org

Forums is for Programming stuff. Making a team and creating something. Releasing stuff. Everything.

Ricky.

Write some good articles / Tips on your niche and start submitting them to social networking websites / articles directly etc. In short give some reason for visitor to join you.
But actually best is How to build successful forum thread, there many webmaster are sharing their experience. It should definitely help you.

ApplianceJunk

Content is king.
With your niche it maybe tough to provide content that can't already be found some place else.

Building a community also takes time. More time then three days. ;)

Acrodox

I appreciate all the feedback so far. But am I missing anything theme wise or Mod wise for my forums? thanks in advance.

ravenzmoon

Well when I go there it took me a few minutes to figure out what your forum was about.   How about a header or banner of the site?
With every breathe my soul takes, there is the light of the moon.

Acrodox

Quote from: ravenzmoon on April 08, 2012, 12:25:08 PM
Well when I go there it took me a few minutes to figure out what your forum was about.   How about a header or banner of the site?

So for my banner, in smaller font should I add 'All your gaming and programming needs'?

Thanks in advance

TheListener

Have a word with the folks at www.pixelmansion.com

They could look at a logo for you.

ewind

Well theme is plain (clean) but plain, also the logo needs help. There are tons of free themes out there very good ones too.

One must remain twisted to keep a valid perspective on those around him.
That's why dogs look at you sideways.

Customizing SMF Themes [nofollow]

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

ewind

One must remain twisted to keep a valid perspective on those around him.
That's why dogs look at you sideways.

Customizing SMF Themes [nofollow]

Acrodox

Well aside from my logo "Being fixed atm" What else am I missing? Do I lack pages? Mods? Info? Color? IDK but im desperate for members.

TheListener

Quotebut im desperate for members.

With an attitude like this the forum will go nowhere.

Patience is the main thing.

Are any mods installed at the moment?

The number of mods won't make any difference to the members whether ya have 1 or 200

As for info. Do you have the knowledge for what your forum is about?

Quote from: ewind on April 25, 2012, 09:04:32 AM
Well theme is plain (clean) but plain, also the logo needs help. There are tons of free themes out there very good ones too.

This is another subject to think about.

The theme I use on one of my forums would be pointless on the other and vice versa.

Same goes for a pink theme I have seen (except for April fools day of course).

Just keep cool, get some content on the forum, look at the themes for one which is suitable.

Have a look at the Tips and Tricks board too.

Acrodox

Will do, Nice forum pixel mansion too.  ;)

TheListener

The boys over there are a great bunch.

Make sure ya say Hi to BigEars too.

;)

Advertisement: