News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Install.

Started by FutureWebDesigner, April 08, 2012, 08:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureWebDesigner

Hello everyone , i'm working on Web Developing , and i'm really like it so i want to start learning some things.
I Would appriciate if someone could help me with SMF , because on other Section's where explain about SMF Installation etc , i really don't understand much.
Well i'm about creating a Forum , and i don't know how could i install SMF on my Forum .Also if someone could answer me , what about when you creating New Forum , it need to be kinda special Forum so SMF can get installed ?

Tnx a lot if you could help me a bit .

emanuele

Hello FutureWebDesigner and welcome to sm.org!

The board Install and Upgrade Help would be the more appropriate to ask this kind of question, later I'll move the topic there.

In the meantime: would the page Installing SMF help somehow?
If no, please give us few hints on what you would like to know exactly. ;)

Quote from: FutureWebDesigner on April 08, 2012, 08:54:59 AM
Also if someone could answer me , what about when you creating New Forum , it need to be kinda special Forum so SMF can get installed ?
I'm not sure what you want to know here.
Does the page SMF Requirements answer your question?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

FutureWebDesigner

Ok sorry about posting ofc , but i'm new here and Ofc need some time to learn about rules and everything.
Well my point is that i'm working on Websites Development , so as i see many Lineage ,and other random's websites have "Simple Machines Signature" , so i'm would like to learn how exactly could i Install SMF on my Forum. Well ofc about that need some instruction's because i'm kinda newbie on that , i've have lost lot of time working on my self on Websites without reading any Topic's on Forums etc, but finally i decided to get some infos , because i see it's kinda hard. So what's my point , as you will read "up" i want to Install SMF on my Forum , so i can improve my Forum with Templates , Boards  ,headers etc..
Hope i gived right Question so you can answer me .

Tnx a lot.

Marcus Forsberg

If I'm reading your post right, you're saying you want to "install SMF to your forum". You can't install SMF on top of your current forum - SMF is a standalone forum software. If you want to convert from another software, there are converters available on the download site. See Converting to SMF.

Advertisement: